Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

14/14 passed terminal basics today. We were split up and given January 6th, 21st, and 26th Academy class dates (seemed to be based alphabetically by last name). Until then we are doing a reoccurring two week course(s?).
How do they make sure people are not cheating on the basics final?

How do they make sure people are not cheating on the basics final?

You have to keep your camera on during the test. And its timed. Hypothetically you could probably go through each lesson plan searching for the answer, but you'd probably run out of time, and they'd probably realize something is up as you frantically try to type to find the answer.

Passed all my clearances in early May, still no FOL. Anyone have any luck in finding out a timeframe? And is anyone preparing for basics in anyway? Any resources out their to get ahead of the game.

Passed all my clearances in early May, still no FOL. Anyone have any luck in finding out a timeframe? And is anyone preparing for basics in anyway? Any resources out their to get ahead of the game.
I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of time to study what they are teaching in basics. I have not seen anyone have much a hard time as long as you put in the effort. I have tried calling my HR rep this week, but I have no luck reaching her. I will post when I get a hold of her if she gives my any info. Same boat got my clearances in early April and nothing since then.

I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of time to study what they are teaching in basics. I have not seen anyone have much a hard time as long as you put in the effort. I have tried calling my HR rep this week, but I have no luck reaching her. I will post when I get a hold of her if she gives my any info. Same boat got my clearances in early April and nothing since then.
They can’t do anything until next fiscal years budget is announced? Implemented? Not sure what word to use there but since the fiscal year begins October 1st, we should assume that the budget will be all set sometime Middle- late September, and our HR reps can start assigning onboarding dates again.

They can’t do anything until next fiscal years budget is announced? Implemented? Not sure what word to use there but since the fiscal year begins October 1st, we should assume that the budget will be all set sometime Middle- late September, and our HR reps can start assigning onboarding dates again.
I guess we will just have to see.

Yeah my rep is CS. which is yours?
Same. Her last email, about 2 weeks ago was “We do not know what will happen after September when we in process our last class for the FY, which is all full. It is still undetermined. I will be in contact as soon as we know something.”

Same. Her last email, about 2 weeks ago was “We do not know what will happen after September when we in process our last class for the FY, which is all full. It is still undetermined. I will be in contact as soon as we know something.”
Ah okay thanks for the update. My emails with her have been very similar to that. I don't mind continuing to wait; I had just been calling her since I had not heard anything in some time.

The people that just finished online basics were being given dates in January to continue with their across the street classes. They’re probably not going to be in any hurry to coming the onboarding people for awhile with this massive backlog that’s been created.

The people that just finished online basics were being given dates in January to continue with their across the street classes. They’re probably not going to be in any hurry to coming the onboarding people for awhile with this massive backlog that’s been created.
Yeah that was for a terminal basics class. Not everyone who passes basics right now is going to have a January class date. There are 2 or 3 or even 4 en route classes for every terminal class, so hopefully, what you said is wrong.

Yeah that was for a terminal basics class. Not everyone who passes basics right now is going to have a January class date. There are 2 or 3 or even 4 en route classes for every terminal class, so hopefully, what you said is wrong.
Yeah, more enroute classes probably means an even longer delay. They’re only allowing a fraction of the normal classes in the building at MMAC right now which is where the backlog is coming from. Last I heard I think it’s one terminal class and one Enroute class for the day shift and another one of each for the night shift. i.e. only 4 total classes can be at the Academy at the same time right now.

A few days ago the course catalogue was updated to include classes after September so I think we can assume they're getting the funding for the next FY

A few days ago the course catalogue was updated to include classes after September so I think we can assume they're getting the funding for the next FY
Which course? As sad as it is I have been checking the En Route basics, En route classes, and Terminal basics every other day for about 3 months. They were updated twice that I have seen, once right before the last huge group of people were called for on boarding, and then once after (a few more classes added) the huge group was called for on boarding. There’s been classes posted all the way through January 2021 since atleast June of this year.

Don’t know if anyone else has to do the EODS paperwork, but if you’re slacking for some reason, the EODS system will supposedly not work this weekend (according to my HR rep)

Back
Top Bottom