Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

So the big Rona brought about the ATC Basics on the ipad again? Did we not learn the first time they tried it like 2 years ago?
They’ve worked out a lot of kinks. A lot of people are passing virtual basics now, as long as you stay on top of studying (if you’re the type that needs to study)

Has anyone had any luck deferring class dates during COVID? Told that unless someone fails or resigns from basics, a class date of 1/15 can't be delayed, even by a week.

Has anyone had any luck deferring class dates during COVID? Told that unless someone fails or resigns from basics, a class date of 1/15 can't be delayed, even by a week.
If you have a really good reason, they’ll usually let you push a class date back. Although, a 3 month heads up for an online basics class really isn’t unreasonable.

You would probably want to contact your supervisor now. As far as I know, it's no longer HR that handles when you go to the academy after online basics.
We did, and she said that only someone failing basics or resigning would enable the date to be moved. Just not quite sure how likely that is, and whether it’s more difficult because of COVID.

We did, and she said that only someone failing basics or resigning would enable the date to be moved. Just not quite sure how likely that is, and whether it’s more difficult because of COVID.
How many days do you need to be gone from basics for?

I guess that answers your question. My supervisor told us to talk to her if we had prior commitments that we can't get out off ie booked plane tickets for wedding and she will try to "work something out". I guess there's a difference between being at the academy and waiting to go.

They updated the course list for the next fiscal year. No new classes until January but hype is back on the menu.

I assume this and this are the correct lists? I wonder if they're still going to schedule onboarding way before Basics or if the time between the two will be shorter since they have all the Basics start dates planned out?

Edit: I see a bunch of Academy dates as well. Hype!

does active mean that they're already filled lol or does it mean that they are like official
Active doesn’t mean filled or not filled it just means it’s an official date given by the FAA. There are some active dates in that list that are filled, and some that aren’t.

I assume this and this are the correct lists? I wonder if they're still going to schedule onboarding way before Basics or if the time between the two will be shorter since they have all the Basics start dates planned out?

Edit: I see a bunch of Academy dates as well. Hype!
I think the time from on boarding to basics will be shorter, just because they were dealing with a lot of unknowns in terms of start dates and class sizes during the last few months. It seems like they have a plan now, but you never know.

Back
Top Bottom