Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

I don't really want to slow it down, just trying make the time-lines meet up... aka do the impossible. Worst case scenario do you think it's possible to balance two classes with the academy for a few weeks or is that just asking to fail?
Good to know about asking HR about pushing out the start date though. I just don't want them to think I don't want it, ya know?
2019 bid thread has people with class dates in april, and more FOLs coming due to a pay increase. so you're not gonna get a class date until may at best, and probably more likely late summer imo

Got the email I was medically cleared last week but still waiting to take the MMPI....NY sucks and I offered to drive somewhere to take the test but haven’t gotten a response

Got the email I was medically cleared last week but still waiting to take the MMPI....NY sucks and I offered to drive somewhere to take the test but haven’t gotten a response
Interesting. I thought the mmpi was part of the medical clearance. As in, they couldn’t clear you until you take it.

2019 bid thread has people with class dates in april, and more FOLs coming due to a pay increase. so you're not gonna get a class date until may at best, and probably more likely late summer imo
I've heard they're going to combine people from both OTS bids. So they're not obligated to fill classes with 2019 before us.

I don't really want to slow it down, just trying make the time-lines meet up... aka do the impossible. Worst case scenario do you think it's possible to balance two classes with the academy for a few weeks or is that just asking to fail?
Good to know about asking HR about pushing out the start date though. I just don't want them to think I don't want it, ya know?
It’s not like that. The worst they can do is make you a final offer than you’ll have to accept.

I've heard they're going to combine people from both OTS bids. So they're not obligated to fill classes with 2019 before us.

The classes through April are filled though. When I got my call for April 20th Terminal I asked if anything earlier was available and was told everything earlier is full. I think someone posted a thread for a May class already

The classes through April are filled though. When I got my call for April 20th Terminal I asked if anything earlier was available and was told everything earlier is full. I think someone posted a thread for a May class already
You can get lucky tho if someone backs out or asks for a delay.

Yes, I have notifications turned on. Hoping to get a notification one of these days. Just seeing if anyone heard anything if there was maybe going to be another one at the end of January like there was in 2020.
I think I read somewhere on here that there might be a potential hiring freeze due to the backup in training right now. Hopefully I’m wrong and you get to apply sometime soon.

I think I read somewhere on here that there might be a potential hiring freeze due to the backup in training right now. Hopefully I’m wrong and you get to apply sometime soon.
Dang. Thanks for the information. Do you remember where you read that, just looking to find out more information?

Dang. Thanks for the information. Do you remember where you read that, just looking to find out more information?
I read through a lot of threads on here so I can’t remember. It was either here or one of the various atc groups on Facebook. Can’t remember where, I just definitely remember reading about it a couple times.

I would suggest letting your HR rep know what date you finish the term/semester and they'll work on giving you a class that starts after you finish up since you don't want to slow down the process now. For the 2019 bid I told my rep my expected graduation date and she gave me an academy date 2 weeks after my ceremony. I would also say that you definitely have a couple of hours of free time every day during online basics to work on your other school work but I wouldn't overdo it, especially if you say this is your dream job.
The last thing I want is to over do it. I have one year left of school so I won't be able to time is as well as you were able to, but not going to basics in the middle of a term would be more than enough to settle my angst. Thank you for the advise, I will reach out to my HR rep. Cross your fingers she gets back to me... at all.

That's what I was thinking after reading through their forum. But like stonemalone99 mentioned, if they combine classes my whole timeline would be wonky. ATC is priority #1 for me, but not screwing everything in the process would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom