Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Does anyone know for certain when it’s okay to turn 31? I applied a month before my 29th birthday, and now, my 31st birthday is coming up in February. I have a TOL, cleared late April-ish, and based on everyone else’s dates, am optimistically expecting to get an early winter class date. Do you think I’m safe if I got a TOL and cleared? It would be so disappointing to wait nearly 2 years for this only to age out when I’m so close to getting the job.
Pardon me for laughing but the wording of your question is to funny. Like you're asking the FAA for permission to age lol

For those who have taken their MMPI: are you allowed to take it in a different state?
I'm from Atlanta. I took my MMPI in Birmingham due to the lack of availability at local facilities. I wouldn't even mention to the proctor where you're coming from. They'll do everything they can to not do their jobs. I was emailing EVERYONE in EVERY neighboring state before I could finally get something scheduled.

edit: and I still haven't even received responses from the majority of the people I emailed 4 months later.

Last edited:
Hulk Hogan Handshake GIF

If I schedule fingerprints at IdentoGo, should I have them do the ink scan on the sf-87? Or do they give me a digital card printed out on the spot?

I just called my local PD and they are not doing ink scans anymore because of covid.

Where has everyone gotten theirs done?

Last edited:
If I schedule fingerprints at IdentoGo, should I have them do the ink scan on the sf-87? Or do they give me a digital card printed out on the spot?

I just called my local PD and they are not doing ink scans anymore because of covid.

Where has everyone gotten theirs done?
IdentoGo does digital prints on their own cardstock form. They'll give them to you on the spot.

IdentoGo does digital prints on their own cardstock form. They'll give them to you on the spot.
Doesn’t it need to be printed out on the SF-87 form?

the identogo site requires an agency code in order to make an appt.. Anyone know what that is?

also, as found on the site:
“Because many government organizations (i.e. Department of Immigration) require physical copies of your fingerprints, many IdentoGO Centers offer the ability to digitally collect an applicant’s fingerprint images and then print them onto a standard fingerprint card (FD-258 ).”

is the FD-258 an acceptable substitute for the SF-87?

the identogo site requires an agency code in order to make an appt.. Anyone know what that is?

“Because many government organizations (i.e. Department of Immigration) require physical copies of your fingerprints, many IdentoGO Centers offer the ability to digitally collect an applicant’s fingerprint images and then print them onto a standard fingerprint card (FD-258 ).”

Yeah I feel like I remember the instructions saying specifically to use the jenky scan that’s sent to you. But make sure you print on cardstock because it might not be acceptable on smoother copy paper.

also I HIGHLY recommend scanning and emailing. Don’t do snail mail.

Yeah I feel like I remember the instructions saying specifically to use the jenky scan that’s sent to you. But make sure you print on cardstock because it might not be acceptable on smoother copy paper.

also I HIGHLY recommend scanning and emailing. Don’t do snail mail.
Unless it’s changed since I was hired, you’re not allowed to email in your fingerprint cards, they have to mailed via USPS, FedEx or UPS.

I did mine at the local sheriffs office and they had their own fingerprint cards that were acceptable. It was easy to do because there was no ink involved. It was all digital

I was told by my security POC that it is okay to use the form given if you get it done at the locations listed in the instructions. I just wrote in any information that was asked for on the SF-87 card that was not on the fingerprint card I got from my local Attorney Generals office.

Back
Top Bottom