Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Has anyone received a call about a background investigation? Received one today saying it’s a part of the process

For an interview? Everyone has a background investigation for their security clearance. Not everyone gets an interview, but it's normal. Usually just clarifying whatever you put on your E-QIP.

Not in this bid but from a previous bid, I was called in to interview. For me, it was because a previous employer had reported I was not eligible for rehire, so I was called in to explain the situation and my side. Nobody else in my class had to do an interview. Ended up being no big deal but it was nerve wracking. Just told them what I knew and got no further questions!

As he said, everyone gets the investigation, if you got an interview it’s probably just to verify something that flagged on your eQIP for whatever reason!

Not in this bid but from a previous bid, I was called in to interview. For me, it was because a previous employer had reported I was not eligible for rehire, so I was called in to explain the situation and my side. Nobody else in my class had to do an interview. Ended up being no big deal but it was nerve wracking. Just told them what I knew and got no further questions!

As he said, everyone gets the investigation, if you got an interview it’s probably just to verify something that flagged on your eQIP for whatever reason!

Just curious to know how recently you worked for that employer and if you were terminated. I read in some FAA hiring guideline from 2005 that terminations within the last five years would disqualify applicants from "accelerated hiring" eligibility and I am wondering if that holds water given your experience. My record isn't exactly spotless so I am wondering myself what to expect.

Just curious to know how recently you worked for that employer and if you were terminated. I read in some FAA hiring guideline from 2005 that terminations within the last five years would disqualify applicants from "accelerated hiring" eligibility and I am wondering if that holds water given your experience. My record isn't exactly spotless so I am wondering myself what to expect.
I worked for the employer about 2-3 years prior to receiving my TOL. I was not terminated but I also didn’t leave on great terms, in their eyes. It was never confirmed what exactly was the reason I was selected for further interview, but that’s the only spot on my record that would have been flagged. I had already had a history of that employer making it difficult for me to obtain a new job.

After the interview, to the best of my knowledge, the rest of the process continued smoothly at the same rate as everybody else. Never heard anything else about it and received a notice in my employee file that my investigation had been “adjudicated” and finalized after having completed the academy.

I worked for the employer about 2-3 years prior to receiving my TOL. I was not terminated but I also didn’t leave on great terms, in their eyes. It was never confirmed what exactly was the reason I was selected for further interview, but that’s the only spot on my record that would have been flagged. I had already had a history of that employer making it difficult for me to obtain a new job.

After the interview, to the best of my knowledge, the rest of the process continued smoothly at the same rate as everybody else. Never heard anything else about it and received a notice in my employee file that my investigation had been “adjudicated” and finalized after having completed the academy.
What if I stopped working because I was no longer needed due to COVID, and they never called me back to work? Is that gonna be a problem when I apply to this next bid?

Also, idk if they call for reference, but the new manager never liked me, hence he never called me back. So if they do call for reference, should I put the old manager's personal phone number?

What if I stopped working because I was no longer needed due to COVID, and they never called me back to work? Is that gonna be a problem when I apply to this next bid?

Also, idk if they call for reference, but the new manager never liked me, hence he never called me back. So if they do call for reference, should I put the old manager's personal phone number?
Just put your old manager's contact info. That would be fine.

For those who are in that step of the process: do we get possible locations when we start basics or when we get to OKC? And we definitely get paid for basics, even though it’s work from home? CG says I’m looking at a tentative start date in October, but I’m curious so I can start planning whether we should be ready to sell the house or not.

For those who are in that step of the process: do we get possible locations when we start basics or when we get to OKC? And we definitely get paid for basics, even though it’s work from home? CG says I’m looking at a tentative start date in October, but I’m curious so I can start planning whether we should be ready to sell the house or not.
You get possible locations about a week before you finish the academy. Then it can narrow down depending how many people pass the class and the order you pick locations is based off of test scores. Yes you get paid doing basics from home, you just don’t get locality pay until OKC.

You get possible locations about a week before you finish the academy. Then it can narrow down depending how many people pass the class and the order you pick locations is based off of test scores. Yes you get paid doing basics from home, you just don’t get locality pay until OKC.
I think you mean "per diem" not "locality".

Dont sell your house until you pass.

Dont sell your house until you pass.
Thank you for the insight, but that was not the plan. But I need to know if I should have my wife start getting things ready while I’m in OKC.

Ok, thank you! I was not sure when we got our potential locations. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom