Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Been working from home since the COVID outbreak. I thought I would be done with this process by now. But it seems we are heading back into the office sometime in August lol. Lets see if we can get online basics before then.

Been working from home since the COVID outbreak. I thought I would be done with this process by now. But it seems we are heading back into the office sometime in August lol. Lets see if we can get online basics before then.
I'm surprised you don't already have a date since you finished back in December.

Ya well my flight surgeon was out and my paperwork sat on the desk until I called in March lol, just my luck
I did all my stuff in the beginning of march and for the last 3 months all I have been waiting on is the flight surgeon to finish reviewing and I'll be fully cleared... think my rep is getting tired of me asking for an update every month lol. how did you find out that the surgeon was out?

For all the bids that you applied for, did you change the resume in between bids and did you get the email for ATSA testing every time? Just trying to see if updating resume makes a difference if you get selected to take the test.

If you didn't get selected to take the ATSA then HR thinks you don't meet the minimum requirements for the bid. If you think that you do, you filled something out wrong. Read the bid and follow all the instructions to a T. Everyone who meets the minimum hiring requirements gets to take the ATSA.
And to add, if you think you did meet the requirements, you can ask aviation careers why they think you didn't.

Hey everyone,

Not sure if anyone knows about this: but I found a really helpful site to verify your work history and places of employment.

Came across this:

theworknumber.com

You just make an account, sign up, enter your social, and you can download a PDF report of all the places you've worked at. It gives you exact start/end dates.

It's free.

This has saved me so much time and headache trying to find numbers for HR for all those retail jobs I had over the years.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I did all my stuff in the beginning of march and for the last 3 months all I have been waiting on is the flight surgeon to finish reviewing and I'll be fully cleared... think my rep is getting tired of me asking for an update every month lol. how did you find out that the surgeon was out?
Lol I had the same issue. Don't recall exactly who gave me the advice, but someone on here said to call medical and security for a follow up.

When I called, security said I was cleared, and medical said I was good to go but waiting on the flight surgeon. When I asked why it took almost 3 months she looked into it. Said that my flight surgeon was in the hospital and he had a stack just sitting there. Pulled my file and had another flight surgeon sign off lol. So if I didn't call, I have no clue how much longer I would have been waiting.

And to add, if you think you did meet the requirements, you can ask aviation careers why they think you didn't.
I was able to take the ATSA this year for 2020 Bid but was not selected. My resume on USA jobs is outdated. I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't hurt my chance when I update my resume and apply for another bid coming up.

Flame me if this is somewhere in a FAQ…but sounds like for HR/paperwork you need to get your boss(es) from past/current jobs to send in forms? I’ll probably remove my past job at a huge theme park from my resume if that’s the case, never knew my boss very personally. Can someone confirm/clarify?
You have to put it down. I also worked for a large theme park and just put one of the many managers right above me and the number to their 3rd party employment verification service. The background check people know how to deal with those things. I also worked at several places that no longer exist and I got hired. So it'll be ok.

Who sent your TOL? On the “accept” “decline” attachment portion
TH

Haven’t got mine yet unfortunately.

Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but when you say who sent the TOL, I’m assuming you mean the person on this form?View attachment 6344
Yeah. Talking to the FAA, they don't love their info getting posted in such a manner though, which is why everyone is inconspicuously using initials. Looks like we got the same representative though! :D

Back
Top Bottom