Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Update from our instructors at the academy (take this with a grain of salt): the FAA is planning on having a new class start every 5 days in fiscal year 2022 as opposed to every other week or two like it currently is. We’ve also heard they plan on staying at 8 people, but could possibly bump that up to 12 if they can figure out the social distancing issue. Most likely will stay at 8 though because social distancing is a big concern here and they don’t have room to have 12 desks socially distant in the classrooms. So hopefully if that new class every 5 days thing is true, y’all will get here a little quicker

Update from our instructors at the academy (take this with a grain of salt): the FAA is planning on having a new class start every 5 days in fiscal year 2022 as opposed to every other week or two like it currently is. We’ve also heard they plan on staying at 8 people, but could possibly bump that up to 12 if they can figure out the social distancing issue. Most likely will stay at 8 though because social distancing is a big concern here and they don’t have room to have 12 desks socially distant in the classrooms. So hopefully if that new class every 5 days thing is true, y’all will get here a little quicker
Id actually believe them cus they are prolly figuring out their staffing rotations

**COVID has entered the chat. ?

I would be surprised, or I wonder if that's more for enroute. I'm currently doing terminal classes at the academy and our instructor is pulling double-shifts almost everyday to cover staffing :( not sure if it's because of low budget or they aren't able to hire enough instructors

Last edited:
I would be surprised, or I wonder if that's more for enroute. I'm currently doing terminal classes at the academy and our instructor is pulling double-shifts almost everyday to cover staffing :( not sure if it's because of low budget or they aren't able to hire enough instructors
Yeah our instructors have been doing a lot of doubles as well. We asked them what the staffing situation was like and if they were getting ready to hire a ton of instructors and they said they’ll need to, but they don’t have a ton of retired controllers wanting to be instructors. So they’d have to figure out the staffing situation first

Back
Top Bottom