Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

TOL, BQ, Pool 2. Carried over score from last bid.

Conflicted about taking this. Got a new job during pandemic working in tech, employer is GREAT and pays more than ATC. FAA in comparison has treated me like total garbage due to psychological issues (now 100% resolved, not medication related) as a minor (I'm almost 30 now) on my application for a medical cert for piloting fixed wing. It's been 2+ years since AME visit, no medical. It's asinine and pathetic that they've made me wait this long without a denial or approval. I also suspect due to their conservatism, all things considered, given what they already know and what I had to do to work on my medical in response (mmpi-2), I would be tier 2'd.

I love aviation, but does anyone know if I am committed to this position if I accept TOL, assuming medical clearance goes through or no? I refuse to be committed at this stage as I have no trust in this organization at all. But if I can jump in pipeline and jump out later if they deny me for piloting, that's ok.

It's honestly pathetic that I am even thinking this, but I have to; I have been treated quite poorly by OKC and the Federal Air Surgeon's office.
Congrats to you! I have a similar situation and am also conflicted, so you're not alone! This is my first time going through this process and taking the ATSA. I got a new job in April at the start of the pandemic and I love the work and all my colleagues. However, I'm also conflicted since I have a great job, and don't want to leave a sure thing.

I got a TOL! 7:14pm est, Pool 2 BQ, Last name 'S'.

Ironically, earlier today I had a phone interview for an engineering position in Cleveland. And if things work out there, I'll have to quit my job at Amazon. And then if things work out here, I'll have to quit that job too.

Back
Top Bottom