Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

P2 WQ at 6:41 PM EDT. Last name: P. Third time was the charm. Congrats to everyone!
Pool 1. BQ. TOL received and accepted @ 1140 PST.

after literally a decade of trying, that felt fucking amazing sending that in. Congrats everyone who snagged one today.

That’s awesome!! Congrats!!!!

Very excited for this opportunity. I felt so down when the HR representative said the end of August and we didn't receive it, but it finally happened. Congrats everyone!

TOL, BQ, Pool 2. Carried over score from last bid.

Conflicted about taking this. Got a new job during pandemic working in tech, employer is GREAT and pays more than ATC. FAA in comparison has treated me like total garbage due to psychological issues (now 100% resolved, not medication related) as a minor (I'm almost 30 now) on my application for a medical cert for piloting fixed wing. It's been 2+ years since AME visit, no medical. It's asinine and pathetic that they've made me wait this long without a denial or approval. I also suspect due to their conservatism, all things considered, given what they already know and what I had to do to work on my medical in response (mmpi-2), I would be tier 2'd.

I love aviation, but does anyone know if I am committed to this position if I accept TOL, assuming medical clearance goes through or no? I refuse to be committed at this stage as I have no trust in this organization at all. But if I can jump in pipeline and jump out later if they deny me for piloting, that's ok.

It's honestly pathetic that I am even thinking this, but I have to; I have been treated quite poorly by OKC and the Federal Air Surgeon's office.
If you can't get a pilot medical it is unlikely you'll be able to get one for being a controller... definitely not without some significant hoops to jump through

Reddit had someone report saying the got a TOL in pool 2, Qualified. I’m not seeing anyone post that here ? very curious. I already got mine as WQ, but just curious if Q got any yet?

Reddit had someone report saying the got a TOL in pool 2, Qualified. I’m not seeing anyone post that here ? very curious. I already got mine as WQ, but just curious if Q got any yet?
I'm P2 qualified but haven't received one at this point

TOL, BQ, Pool 2. Carried over score from last bid.

Conflicted about taking this. Got a new job during pandemic working in tech, employer is GREAT and pays more than ATC. FAA in comparison has treated me like total garbage due to psychological issues (now 100% resolved, not medication related) as a minor (I'm almost 30 now) on my application for a medical cert for piloting fixed wing. It's been 2+ years since AME visit, no medical. It's asinine and pathetic that they've made me wait this long without a denial or approval. I also suspect due to their conservatism, all things considered, given what they already know and what I had to do to work on my medical in response (mmpi-2), I would be tier 2'd.

I love aviation, but does anyone know if I am committed to this position if I accept TOL, assuming medical clearance goes through or no? I refuse to be committed at this stage as I have no trust in this organization at all. But if I can jump in pipeline and jump out later if they deny me for piloting, that's ok.

It's honestly pathetic that I am even thinking this, but I have to; I have been treated quite poorly by OKC and the Federal Air Surgeon's office.

You are not committed to the job until your are sworn in(1st day/on-boarding), neither is the FAA committed to you. You can decline at anytime.

After signing the TOL, you will receive paperwork to start your background check. They will send a letter to both your current employer and direct supervisor, regarding the background check/security clearance. Unless you want your current employer to find out you are applying to another job, you may want to stop the process at that point.

If you already have a good job that pays more, assuming $150k+ per your previous post, then it may not be worth it. You won't be earning that till 3-4 years later if you pass the academy and get checked out. If you already have a great job and love aviation, then maybe just keep perusing your PPL. Unless you are deadest and know that you will love being a controller.

Back
Top Bottom