Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

You do get a security clearance if you work at an ARTCC.

So, if I'm reading this correctly, it's that enroute (ARTCC) needs a secret clearance, but terminal doesn't? So, they throw everyone through the form for secret and only issue secret/perform secret-level investigations and adjudication to people who actually need it for their job function?

That makes a little more sense than public trust requiring SF-86 overkill uniformly across the system for no reason despite giving everyone Public Trust clearance.

So, if I'm reading this correctly, it's that enroute (ARTCC) needs a secret clearance, but terminal doesn't? So, they throw everyone through the form for secret and only issue secret/perform secret-level investigations and adjudication to people who actually need it for their job function?

That makes a little more sense than public trust requiring SF-86 overkill uniformly across the system for no reason despite giving everyone Public Trust clearance.

Terminal is public trust. Enroute is secret.

Also, if you have more than one DUI you're not automatically DQ'd (any and all alcohol related instances). You're deferred for further evaluation and depending on timeline you can be granted a clearance.

Terminal is public trust. Enroute is secret.

Also, if you have more than one DUI you're not automatically DQ'd (any and all alcohol related instances). You're deferred for further evaluation and depending on timeline you can be granted a clearance.

Clearance yes, medical sounds like it would be nearly impossible though considering what I've heard from the pilot community (I'm hypothesizing similar standards for ATC).

Does anyone know when they (who?) contact your Manager, is it a phone call or email, who specifically contacts the manager, what they tell them, how much detail and specifics does the manager get?

It would be extremely detrimental for me if my manager found out I was pursuing another opportunity especially if he found out months before when I would leave. I’d like to be as prepared as possible so I am not blindsided down the road.

Does anyone know when they (who?) contact your Manager, is it a phone call or email, who specifically contacts the manager, what they tell them, how much detail and specifics does the manager get?

It would be extremely detrimental for me if my manager found out I was pursuing another opportunity especially if he found out months before when I would leave. I’d like to be as prepared as possible so I am not blindsided down the road.
As far as I'm aware, it would be during the security clearance portion of the process.

First you have to pass the ATSA then you have to be offered a TOL. Then once you submit the e-quip they will mail your direct supervisor and human resources department an inquiry about your employment status and employee record. You've got a LONG ways too go and a good chance of not getting that far.

oh foreals? damn, I don't want my current work to know either wanna stay low key!
I believe someone from my bid didn't tell their employer and he got fired when they got the letter. I'm pretty cool with my boss so I told him straight up but no one at my job got a letter that I know.

But like they've said, it's a looooong way. I applied June 14th 2019, and didn't get to that point until January 2020

Does anyone have an example of the letter?

Does anyone have an example of the letter?

My manager got it physically. They filled somethings out in the letter and sent it back. He did tell me that the letter instructed him to fill out and send it back without showing it to me. What was in the letter? My manager told me it was some bubble in responses asking if you think this person is trustworthy

I know the SF-86 asks for a decade of employment history, but does every one of your previous employers get a letter? I think I read somewhere that they only check in with employers from the last five years. Can anyone enlighten me?

I know the SF-86 asks for a decade of employment history, but does every one of your previous employers get a letter? I think I read somewhere that they only check in with employers from the last five years. Can anyone enlighten me?
I think pretty much any employer or person listed on your SF-86 could potentially be contacted.

Back
Top Bottom