Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

So what’s a good time table to inquire about MMPI? I still have my drug test on Friday (hopefully last step and no complications) so I figured at least next week.

Just got an email from my medical rep saying the flight surgeon reviewed my case and is requesting another EKG and eye exam. Didn't elaborate on why. The Dr. at my physical told me everything was perfect lol.
Do you have to complete these tests with an AME or are you on your own to get them done privately and send results?

So what’s a good time table to inquire about MMPI? I still have my drug test on Friday (hopefully last step and no complications) so I figured at least next week.
Sent medical an email 15 days after I took it and they emailed me back 4 minutes after that saying I cleared it.

Maybe dumb question, but if you get an email saying you're medically cleared, does that include the mmpi or is that separate? & what does being medically cleared conclude?

Maybe dumb question, but if you get an email saying you're medically cleared, does that include the mmpi or is that separate? & what does being medically cleared conclude?
It does include the MMPI. Being medical cleared means your physical, drug test, and MMPI were acceptable.

Do you have to complete these tests with an AME or are you on your own to get them done privately and send results?
my email said specifically I had to do my extra tests out of pocket and to find my own physician for my tests.

my email said specifically I had to do my extra tests out of pocket and to find my own physician for my tests.
Thanks for the response, I'm planning on heading back to my home soon while I wait for the final processing and it would be very inconvenient to have to go back to the AME as I will be outside of the country. Glad to hear I can do the tests on my own. That's a shame about the out of pocket though.

I've been asked to complete an "evaluation" by a psychologist or psychiatrist with all of my medical records and have the results sent to them within 30 days. Every psychologist/psychiatrist around has a 2-3 month waiting list just for an inpatient appointment, and none of them that I've called are even willing to do an evaluation without further information since medical did not elaborate on what exactly they wanted.

Last edited:
I've been asked to complete an "evaluation" by a psychologist or psychiatrist with all of my medical records and have the results sent to them within 30 days. Every psychologist/psychiatrist around has a 2-3 month waiting list just for an inpatient appointment, and none of them that I've called are even willing to do an evaluation without further information since the FAA did not elaborate on what exactly they wanted.
I'd 1) email medical back to find out exactly what type of evaluation they are looking for and 2) expand your search to cast a wider net.

Yeah, you can get them done privately. Did both yesterday--the Dr. said my Ekg was good and eye Dr. said my vision/eyes were fine.

Had to pay for both out of pocket as well.

Anyone in the Oregon/ southern Washington area here? I’m trying to get my fingerprints scheduled and it’s becoming a hassle. The sheriff’s office is booked out until September lol and it seems like no one in the surrounding counties can do it or the wait is way too long. Is there anywhere I just haven’t thought of?

Anyone in the Oregon/ southern Washington area here? I’m trying to get my fingerprints scheduled and it’s becoming a hassle. The sheriff’s office is booked out until September lol and it seems like no one in the surrounding counties can do it or the wait is way too long. Is there anywhere I just haven’t thought of?
Is there no third party fingerprinting company near you? When I did my fingerprints, none of the police departments near me were doing them, so I had them done by a local security company that employs security guards. They even did it on their own fingerprinting form and my security POC never said anything about it.

Back
Top Bottom