Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

I wonder if they are going to stay with the “same” time frame as most bids regarding status updates or wait until a window is closed
It seems like they have enough people to disregard an OTS bid entirely for this year.

Does anybody know if the FAA has a tuition assistance program or if they contribute to pay off student loans if it’s for an aviation degree?

It seems like they have enough people to disregard an OTS bid entirely for this year.

Does anybody know if the FAA has a tuition assistance program or if they contribute to pay off student loans if it’s for an aviation degree?
You can look into the Degree Completion Program... may be DOT wide, definitely FAA wide. There are some requirements I don't recall offhand but you have to be more than halfway done with your degree to apply. I did it three years ago - worked out well for me.

You can look into the Degree Completion Program... may be DOT wide, definitely FAA wide. There are some requirements I don't recall offhand but you have to be more than halfway done with your degree to apply. I did it three years ago - worked out well for me.
Tell me more.. they paid off your cti degree?

Tell me more.. they paid off your cti degree?
You'd have to do some digging on the FAA or ATO website to see if the program is still active. And I used it to complete my Masters. They don't pay off your degree. They will reimburse you a certain amount per fiscal year, I cannot recall the amount offhand but I can check my email at work tomorrow and see if I can find more information.

Edit: try reading this thread too

Just got done taking mine.... that ish was roughhh lol.

did you get a score afterwards (pass/fail?)
You don't get your score, but typically in 2-3 months you do find out how they ranked you in order of best qualified, well qualified or qualified. I imagine if you don't pass then you'd also be notified that you are no longer in consideration.

You don't get your score, but typically in 2-3 months you do find out how they ranked you in order of best qualified, well qualified or qualified. I imagine if you don't pass then you'd also be notified that you are no longer in consideration.
oh I thought you just got if you passed or failed not the qualification band if you passed

Just trying to enjoy my time where I’m at for now and tying up loose ends.
Moving post-academy is going to be a logistical nightmare, so I’m trying to get a head start on that.
Seeing friends and working. Checking .65 every night to see what’s up and see what’s new. Just focus on yourself for now, look at the thousands that pass without any prior knowledge. It’ll be okay.

I will continue to relax lol Well at least in the little I know, I am glad to see I should be preparing mentally and tying loose ends to avoid any distractions.

Well, got a call Friday from OKC offering a terminal start date for June 29th.

For any of you that may be hoping for en route (as I was), I asked if I passed on this class if I would be next up for an en route class, and I was told that once you are selected for terminal/en route, if you decline, you will just be put in the next class for that same track (unless you have a spouse in the other track). Also, I was told the next terminal class wasn't until July 23rd or so, and it was already 8 people full. No more terminal classes were scheduled as of now until their new fiscal year either. Obviously things can change, but that's what I was told.

For any of you that may be hoping for en route (as I was), I asked if I passed on this class if I would be next up for an en route class, and I was told that once you are selected for terminal/en route, if you decline, you will just be put in the next class for that same track (unless you have a spouse in the other track). Also, I was told the next terminal class wasn't until July 23rd or so, and it was already 8 people full. No more terminal classes were scheduled as of now until their new fiscal year either. Obviously things can change, but that's what I was told.
I wonder if you can swap... Like if you find someone on here that has enroute and wants terminal
Probs not lol but that'd be cool

People switch between enroute and terminal, and visa versa, all the time. It really just depends on your HR rep honestly. Some are cool with it and will let you swap right away, others (like apparently the one referenced above) claim it’s impossible and refuse to do it. It sucks, but it is what it is. Just another reason to try and build a good rapport with your rep throughout the process as quite a bit is left to their discretion.

Is there a basic email address I can contact hr at? When I cleaned out my inbox I accidentally deleted my email from my Hr rep.

When did you get cleared?

We must have the same HR rep. I was offered the same class date and when I asked if I could pass it up for an enroute class they said if I decline terminal I’ll have to reapply lol.

Am I the only one here who actually wants terminal? lol. Higher academy pass rates, and faster training times once you get to your facility.

lol i wanted enroute but got offered terminal and was bummed for a little bit until i actually thought about it for a few days and concluded that those two things were indeed way more valuable. guess i got lucky

Am I the only one here who actually wants terminal? lol. Higher academy pass rates, and faster training times once you get to your facility.
I wouldn’t mind Terminal either for those exact reasons. I want to transfer to either PBI, FLL or MIA after becoming CPC at my assigned facility (if I get that far). Is it possible to transfer to those facilities I listed? My fellow CPC’s on this website.

Back
Top Bottom