Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

"Max" is just taking the largest difference between clearance and start date that has been recorded and applying that difference to your clearance date. That does not mean that yours must come in that time period. You (or anyone) might be the person who makes that max delay larger.
I understand. still just fun to think about. What else are we supposed to do while we wait?

Just touched base with HR. I have a cleared date of 3/31/21 and was informed today to expect a start date around or after January 2022 unless the ATO increases class sizes back to 16-18 for the October and later classes. They only have class schedules through September 2021, and won't receive October and later class schedules for a few more months.

Hope this helps anyone in the same boat.

So if I’m reading this right, about 5 people recieved course dates yesterday, I missed a phone call for a course date, and now people are getting info saying that they should expect a course date of 2022?

So if I’m reading this right, about 5 people recieved course dates yesterday, I missed a phone call for a course date, and now people are getting info saying that they should expect a course date of 2022?
They hire in batches, you get a class date based off when you were fully cleared (not you doing your last part in CIL), they wanted around 1000~ controllers from the bid, they can only train 30-40 per month in OKC, do the math.

They hire in batches, you get a class date based off when you were fully cleared (not you doing your last part in CIL), they wanted around 1000~ controllers from the bid, they can only train 30-40 per month in OKC, do the math.
Thanks for your input; however, my question was regarding the timeline currently in place not my math skills :p. Thankfully, I have been fully cleared since February. If you have any information regarding the timeline currently, please share if it's not too much trouble.

Thanks for your input; however, my question was regarding the timeline currently in place not my math skills :p. Thankfully, I have been fully cleared since February. If you have any information regarding the timeline currently, please share if it's not too much trouble.
You can literally go back on page in this thread and there is a spreadsheet of timeliness, clearances, and class dates that another user compiled

You can literally go back on page in this thread and there is a spreadsheet of timeliness, clearances, and class dates that another user compiled
Ah. Yes. Thank you for this information. I’ve already used the spreadsheet prior to this. Currently, I am 4 days away from the Max time estimate given by the spreadsheet. That being said, also on this thread, I‘ve posted the fact that I received a call at the time everyone else was receiving calls for a course date for people who cleared around the same date as me, but I was unfortunately at work at that time. So, again, I’m inquiring about whether or not the timeline I originally asked about is what seems to be the case. I was hoping more so that someone could add to it: maybe suggesting they’ve heard something else, or their course date, or maybe they too missed a call etc...

I spoke with my HR rep today on the phone, following up on the emails I sent. She doesn’t know exactly what my range of date will be but told me that she knows we are very anxious about when we will start. All July class dates are full, according to her and that August dates will be sent out next month. She will be in contact with me when she has a class date, not to worry.

Just touched base with HR. I have a cleared date of 3/31/21 and was informed today to expect a start date around or after January 2022 unless the ATO increases class sizes back to 16-18 for the October and later classes. They only have class schedules through September 2021, and won't receive October and later class schedules for a few more months.

Hope this helps anyone in the same boat.
Bruh i got cleared on the same date... that means i cant quit my job yet. Aw hell no.

Ah. Yes. Thank you for this information. I’ve already used the spreadsheet prior to this. Currently, I am 4 days away from the Max time estimate given by the spreadsheet. That being said, also on this thread, I‘ve posted the fact that I received a call at the time everyone else was receiving calls for a course date for people who cleared around the same date as me, but I was unfortunately at work at that time. So, again, I’m inquiring about whether or not the timeline I originally asked about is what seems to be the case. I was hoping more so that someone could add to it: maybe suggesting they’ve heard something else, or their course date, or maybe they too missed a call etc...
Sounds like you got fucked. contact your HR person. I don't think they would skip over you just because you missed the call. They send emails as well.

Sounds like you got fucked. contact your HR person. I don't think they would skip over you just because you missed the call. They send emails as well.
Sounds like he’s freaking out about nothing. They know not everyone will be able to answer the phone. Are there not very clear instructions in the voicemail on how to proceed? And hasn’t it been stated before that emails follow the phone calls?

Also, it should be understood that not everyone is posting their exact clearance date. Some people are referring to the date they were notified instead of the official date that HR uses. My official date is months ahead of the date I was notified and my expectation. That spreadsheet has people “cleared” after me with class dates before me.

Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
Sounds like he’s freaking out about nothing. They know not everyone will be able to answer the phone. Are there not very clear instructions in the voicemail on how to proceed? And hasn’t it been stated before that emails follow the phone calls?

Also, it should be understood that not everyone is posting their exact clearance date. Some people are referring to the date they were notified instead of the official date that HR uses. My official date is months ahead of the date I was notified and my expectation. That spreadsheet has people “cleared” after me with class dates before me.

Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.

Attachments

• EjWsVVMXkAAXldF.jpeg
    EjWsVVMXkAAXldF.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 36
Hurry up and wait, Just try to stay positive and keep on living your life like this isn't happening. The gov't will always give you a deadline or expect you to get things done very quickly but they will take forever with or without Rona.

Hey guys question, a buddy of mine had his ATSA canceled and received a call about a month ago to get a shot at it. He took the test and almost immediately it said not selected. With my hiring experience, I know getting anything back takes super long. Do you think it’s possible it’s just because his original test was canceled and put off for months that “not selected” is showing, or are they updating results that quick. Best of luck to everyone applying!

Hey guys question, a buddy of mine had his ATSA canceled and received a call about a month ago to get a shot at it. He took the test and almost immediately it said not selected. With my hiring experience, I know getting anything back takes super long. Do you think it’s possible it’s just because his original test was canceled and put off for months that “not selected” is showing, or are they updating results that quick. Best of luck to everyone applying!
I can confirm that this is because it was canceled! The testing window closes May 28th That status will change to either referred or not referred, on his application status does it say reviewing applications in yellow? Mine currently says not selected but aviation careers told me this will be updated once all the scores are posted

Back
Top Bottom