Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Based on our list and my career goals, FAY is the smart choice for me.

I didn’t have any expectations going in... so for an accurate “going in feel” I’d say 5 (neutral)

Now that it’s all said and done, it all depends on how you apply yourself and how well you can control/handle your nerves. Can you run a simulated problem in front of an FAA evaluator with your job on the line? If you get yourself down the shitter, can you dig yourself out? That is the real academy. As far as a score goes for how it actually is it’s a 10/10 for me. Subjective...but it’s no joke.
How many facilities in the Carolinas were offered in your class?

How many facilities in the Carolinas were offered in your class?
Well, I’m going to the North one so 1.

Congrats!! Where are you headed? I don't have any questions yet, but I'm sure I will once I'm there (heading there in late July).
Headed to FAY in NC.

you might wanna think of some while it’s fresh in my brain, late July (gonna be honest) I won’t be on this thread/website very much.

Anyone else cleared around March still waiting? I wonder if those August classes are filled :(

Well, I’m going to the North one so 1.

Headed to FAY in NC.

you might wanna think of some while it’s fresh in my brain, late July (gonna be honest) I won’t be on this thread/website very much.
What other facilities were offered in your class? If you don’t mind me asking

Anyone else cleared around March still waiting? I wonder if those August classes are filled :(
I’m pretty sure august is filled. I was cleared between feb 2nd and March 9th and I got a call This week asking if I wanted a last minute en route spot for 6/24. I declined due to it being so last minute and was told I was going to get September then.

I’m pretty sure august is filled. I was cleared between feb 2nd and March 9th and I got a call This week asking if I wanted a last minute en route spot for 6/24. I declined due to it being so last minute and was told I was going to get September then.
I wonder if requesting for either track puts you further back down the queue

I wonder if requesting for either track puts you further back down the queue
I got told it wouldn’t affect me and I would remain on top of the list if any class seats become available. The only thing is since she offered me en route that will be what I’m offered in the future.

I got told it wouldn’t affect me and I would remain on top of the list if any class seats become available. The only thing is since she offered me en route that will be what I’m offered in the future.
It’s random path selection

I asked my HR rep for enroute a few months ago and then they gave me terminal LMAO. Probably a good thing now that I think about it: higher academy pass rates, shorter training times since centers are all backed up, more possible places to go, can see outside and not stuck in a dark ass room screwing with your circadian rhythm in addition to shift work, potential to work at a tower only that isn't 24/7

I asked my HR rep for enroute a few months ago and then they gave me terminal LMAO. Probably a good thing now that I think about it: higher academy pass rates, shorter training times since centers are all backed up, more possible places to go, can see outside and not stuck in a dark ass room screwing with your circadian rhythm in addition to shift work, potential to work at a tower only that isn't 24/7
Good reasons why I’m leaning towards terminal.

Horrible. Especially when you hit 10-13 and priority calls are important to nail one time and it reads back some effed up shit and you miss extending an upwind or a dep slot bc you have to repeat yourself.
Upwind? Do towers use that term over downwind? Or both? Never heard that before.

Back
Top Bottom