Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

So if I'm enroute I basically will be assigned to one of the 23 centers? Just looking at Air Traffic Control Facilities and figuring out which ones I could get.
Yes, but don't worry about it too much. You're going to be given a list to pick from that's constantly rotating based on staffing needs. That list isn't even really predictable because it also depends on how many people pass the academy class leading up to your selection time.

Flip-flops with socks, shorts, and a hawaiian shirt.
I know this is a joke, but flip-flops are specifically listed as being prohibited.

just got an email back from CS telling me my new HR rep will be SVC. Wonder why
I never got an email from CS about a change, but my class date notification and drug test email came from A"S"VC.

I never got an email from CS about a change, but my class date notification and drug test email came from A"S"VC.
You've already received your drug test email to schedule it? I got an email this morning from RK saying to look for it over the next day or two, but haven't heard anything as far as actually scheduling it.

That's wild. I just called the POC for the drug test and they said I should expect the email to schedule it by Monday, but I wouldn't be taking it until Wednesday/Thursday because they have to mail the materials.
I didn't get instructions to mail anything. They just asked me when I was available. I told them. Then they told me when my appointment was.

I didn't get instructions to mail anything. They just asked me when I was available. I told them. Then they told me when my appointment was.
That's what I meant. The FD&AT sends the testing materials to the testing site that you prefer, but it takes time for them to receive them. I haven't received the email to schedule my test yet.

I just thought it was funny that, from your signature, you're starting basics over a month from now. You've already scheduled your tests, but with me starting in a little over three weeks, I haven't been able to.

That's what I meant. The FD&AT sends the testing materials to the testing site that you prefer, but it takes time for them to receive them. I haven't received the email to schedule my test yet.

I just thought it was funny that, from your signature, you're starting basics over a month from now. You've already scheduled your tests, but with me starting in a little over three weeks, I haven't been able to.
Maybe it has to do with where you live? I'm in Atlanta, so maybe there's just a lot more facilities available near me?

Maybe it has to do with where you live? I'm in Atlanta, so maybe there's just a lot more facilities available near me?
That's got to be it. I figured you were near a larger hub, i'm out in Portsmouth, VA. Closest thing we have is Norfolk (ORF), and that's a joke for international compared to other locations.

Back
Top Bottom