Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

IIRC your score is good for three years, something like that. Conventional wisdom in the past has been that if you didn't get a TOL your score wasn't good enough and you should re-take.

This time around it might be a little different, because the rule that they have to hire the same number of people from the two pools (within 10%) is no longer there. Depending on how many people apply that could mean you have a better or worse chance of getting hired in either pool. But you'll still likely see a score increase if you take the test again, which can't be a bad thing.
Don’t take it again! You have scored into the highest bracket and taking it again can only hurt you. Its just random if you get selected or not, if there are more people in the top band than there are spots. I left my score alone and got selected the second go around.

Don’t take it again! You have scored into the highest bracket and taking it again can only hurt you. Its just random if you get selected or not, if there are more people in the top band than there are spots. I left my score alone and got selected the second go around.
I'm going to transfer over my BQ score from 2018 to this bid. Thank you

You have scored into the highest bracket and taking it again can only hurt you. Its just random if you get selected or not

You got a source to back that up? It's certainly possible they just toss all the BQ people into one big bucket and pick based on work experience, or education, or birthday, or drawing a lottery, or whether the HR rep thinks your name sounds cool. But my default assumption (Occam's razor and all that) is that they go down the list based on numeric score on the ATSA.

If you have something that says otherwise I'd be happy to see it.

You got a source to back that up? It's certainly possible they just toss all the BQ people into one big bucket and pick based on work experience, or education, or birthday, or drawing a lottery, or whether the HR rep thinks your name sounds cool. But my default assumption (Occam's razor and all that) is that they go down the list based on numeric score on the ATSA.

If you have something that says otherwise I'd be happy to see it.
Yeah the HR person I talked to on the phone last time before I got selected.

Kinda figured that's the case. Also, I'm wondering if order you applied (ie: if you do it early during the window vs later) matters in any way. Last time my application went in on the last day of the window. This time, it went in the morning of the first day.

Did someone contact you to let you know everything was submitted? I was notified that I got my medical clearance and was debating on contacting my security POC or just not doing anything and waiting to get an FOL.
IIRC your score is good for three years, something like that. Conventional wisdom in the past has been that if you didn't get a TOL your score wasn't good enough and you should re-take.

This time around it might be a little different, because the rule that they have to hire the same number of people from the two pools (within 10%) is no longer there. Depending on how many people apply that could mean you have a better or worse chance of getting hired in either pool. But you'll still likely see a score increase if you take the test again, which can't be a bad thing.
I originally took the ATSA in 2017, was not selected. I reapplied and recycled my test scores for the 2018 bid and got a TOL. It all depends on what the average scores for any particular bid are.

Oh that's pretty cool. I didn't know they had officially removed it.

Idk man, I have applied the past 3 times, got well qualified for both except the last one in which I got just qualified. I even feel like I did better than the other times. What else do I gotta do?!

giphy.gif

Idk man, I have applied the past 3 times, got well qualified for both except the last one in which I got just qualified. I even feel like I did better than the other times. What else do I gotta do?!
The struggle is real, man. I feel you. This is our time. We will rise up against all odds. Over come this great struggle together. 2020 is our year haha

The struggle is real, man. I feel you. This is our time. We will rise up against all odds. Over come this great struggle together. 2020 is our year haha

Same... 6th time applying, good luck everyone!

I took the ATSA for two years in a row now. I am wondering if I can use my score from 2018 instead of 2019 or does taking it again null out the prior score.

I took the ATSA for two years in a row now. I am wondering if I can use my score from 2018 instead of 2019 or does taking it again null out the prior score.
You must use the most recent score. Maybe try ATCPrep.com software. I used that on and off before the test until I consistently scored above the blue line and blue shaded area for all parts on the hardest settings. I feel like the really helped me on test day.

giphy.gif
I applied for the last posting back in 2018. Where do you see if your score was best qualified, well qualified or qualified?

Back
Top Bottom