Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Goodluck everyone! Advice based on my experience: Do everything in your power to return forms the day you get them. Some things will take a while like medical clearances, but a lot of the paperwork can be signed and returned within the same day. Be diligent and take some time to THOROUGHLY read the information they send you, and get it back to them ASAP!
When the time comes for the AT-SA (Air Traffic Skills Assessment) I used the website "www.JobTestPrep.com". They have a pretty comprehensive AT-SA study guide. It is pricy! ($80 for three month access if I remember correctly) but had I gone into the test without it, I would have been hopelessly lost.
Once again good luck!

Yo. Classmate! haha

Does anyone know if there is any way to postpone an Academy class date? In other words do I have any flexibility to “negotiate” class date?

Read through the other all source hiring thread right next to this one to answer almost every question you will have......

Read through the other all source hiring thread right next to this one to answer almost every question you will have......
As someone who was part of the 2019 bid, it's close to 200 pages long as this point- just read everything up to the ATSA letters being sent out and you'll have most of your questions answered!

Not sure if I’m the only one but I’m shocked that this bid didn’t close early due to reaching a candidate cap. Unless the FAA made that cap 30,000 ?

My browser is acting up. Is this bid still open?

Now closed...hope you applied before the site malfunctioned last night.

In other news, tier 2 people report their endless wait has finished recently for the July 2018 bid. Thus, considering it took them a year and a half, I conclude I may be in OKC in a year and a half. Now the "hurry up and wait" begins!

Anyone know if the FAA forces you to Tier 2 if you fail the initial MMPI-2 in the ATC exam but already have had much if not all of the related testing (FAA psychiatric and neuropsychiatric with their consultants) they would have ordered as you previously needed it to get your medical for second/first class pilot privileges? IE: Can they use the existing info and tests in your standard airman medical file to expedite the process or do they stick you in the tier 2 slow lane regardless if you fail MMPI-2?

Last edited:
Can they use the existing info and tests in your standard airman medical file to expedite the process or do they stick you in the tier 2 slow lane regardless if you fail MMPI-2?
YMMV, and I can’t provide any documentation, but you will do all tests and exams regardless of holding a valid flight physical. I was a CPC and resigned, 6 months later I reapplied and had to redo all the tests and exams even though I was an employee less than a year ago at the time. Others experienced the same. If you fail MMPI2, you’ll be tier 2. This is true even if you passed it before and failed it most recently.

Back
Top Bottom