Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

I went on the PSI website AND followed the original link and there were "no records" for me. When I called she said this has been happening for many ATSA test takers and that I was still scheduled to take the ATSA. I asked if it is possible that they will cancel my test and she said that it is possible depending on what California does. I asked how I will know if it is cancelled if I can't view it on the website and she said to call back a day before the test to make sure. She also said that for them to send out an e-mail or call everyone that their test is cancelled would be alot of work for them ?
I wanted to put a good gif in here, but apparently my work hates happiness and blocked all gifs, so instead, I will need to express my disappointment and disbelief with words. Thank you PSI for being incredibly lazy.

This bid seems way more chill than the others. Not as many people asking the same questions ?
Have you been reading this thread? Literally the past 10 pages is people asking if they can recycle their ATSA scores, and asking what study software to use, over and over again. Thrown in with a few people complaining about having to drive to their test site and others whining the FAA isn’t paying them to take the test.

Have you been reading this thread? Literally the past 10 pages is people asking if they can recycle their ATSA scores, and asking what study software to use, over and over again. Thrown in with a few people complaining about having to drive to their test site and others whining the FAA isn’t paying them to take the test.

That's just average questions and fights, expected every bid lol. Everyone takes it so seriously. Pretty sure people complained about driving to their ATSA last year too, although not as much as this year due to the 'Rona, obvi. It also isn't as busy with excitement. So many pages of people being excited about getting a ATSA invite the last bid. I wonder what the numbers are gonna look like this year for invited, ATSA taken, referred and TOLed.

Wow! Just finished my ATSA an hour ago.....I don't feel confident with how I did at all. I practiced using the ATCprep.com and while some parts were similar, the test was MUCH quicker than I had anticipated. I feel like I bombed that test

Wow! Just finished my ATSA an hour ago.....I don't feel confident with how I did at all. I practiced using the ATCprep.com and while some parts were similar, the test was MUCH quicker than I had anticipated. I feel like I bombed that test
Most people feel that way I think. That test is not meant to inspire confidence. First time I took the test I felt that way and got BQ.

Most people feel that way I think. That test is not meant to inspire confidence. First time I took the test I felt that way and got BQ.
That's what I've been reading, is that most do not feel confident coming out of it. I'm honestly scared lol I know for sure I bombed the memory arithmetic portion, and in other parts I know I accidentally hit the wrong keys for Yes and No a few times. What number did you call and how soon after you took your test did you call to find out what score you got?

That's what I've been reading, is that most do not feel confident coming out of it. I'm honestly scared lol I know for sure I bombed the memory arithmetic portion, and in other parts I know I accidentally hit the wrong keys for Yes and No a few times. What number did you call and how soon after you took your test did you call to find out what score you got?
i believe theyre updating scores on USAjobs now.

Dont call anyone.

You'll be notified in due time. It sucks waiting, but its all you can do at this point

No scores are given until the testing window has closed. Then USAJobs will be updated to indicate which gripping you are in (best qualified, well qualified, qualified or not referred).

Dont call anyone.

You'll be notified in due time. It sucks waiting, but its all you can do at this point

Would you recommend I call someone at the TOL stage to find out, in the case I need to roll my score over for next year or retake?

No scores are given until the testing window has closed. Then USAJobs will be updated to indicate which gripping you are in (best qualified, well qualified, qualified or not referred).

Are they really updating USAJobs with the actual score now? The paper our proctor read before the test just stated that it would be updated to referred if eligible or not referred if we didn't make a passing score.

Are they really updating USAJobs with the actual score now? The paper our proctor read before the test just stated that it would be updated to referred if eligible or not referred if we didn't make a passing score.

Untitled.png
This is what it will say

Would you recommend I call someone at the TOL stage to find out, in the case I need to roll my score over for next year or retake?

At this step, and all subsequent steps, its to just wait

the next step is getting your ATSA results. You will be notified if you are BQ, WQ, or Q, and based on your results you can take the next appropriate actions (which is more waiting). There's no need to plan beyond the next step.

any advice for us still to take it?? my anxiety is killing me lol i scheduled the latest possible date to have time to prepare, now i just want to take it and get it over with.

View attachment 3749
This is what it will say
At this step, and all subsequent steps, its to just wait

the next step is getting your ATSA results. You will be notified if you are BQ, WQ, or Q, and based on your results you can take the next appropriate actions (which is more waiting). There's no need to plan beyond the next step.
Wow, is this new for this bid? I haven't heard of them adding the scores to the referred statuses before now. I like this!

any advice for us still to take it?? my anxiety is killing me lol i scheduled the latest possible date to have time to prepare, now i just want to take it and get it over with.
You can reschedule it if you wish, just need to find out your test centers availability. My advice, practice with games that help with reaction time, while practicing being right. Quick accurate answers. I missed some questions because I wasn't quick enough.

They added this for June 2019. Saved them a lot of phone calls, I’m sure.
oh I'm sure it did! Helps us as candidates identify I'd we should test again or not while keeping the process running smoothly. We're no longer interrupting their workday to find out our scores

Don’t be anxious or nervous and if that’s hard work on it. Do the test prep so many times that it is just second nature and you show up to the test confident and calm. You’ll still feel like the test kicked your ass, but the less nervous and anxious you are the better you’ll do. This applies to everything at the Academy. Probably the biggest reason why people fail is nerves and anxiety. People get busy and they fall apart. Make mistakes and can’t get over it. Second guess themselves. The sad part is there really isn’t an excuse to be nervous or anxious as we all know what to expect on the ATSA and at the Academy. I am currently at the Academy and I get nervous and anxious before problems but I literally do breathing exercises before the problem starts to calm down and once the problem starts I make sure I’m always doing or thinking of something to leave no room for nerves.

anyone have any idea of the number of people who applied to this bid? just curious
I have been wondering the same! I don't believe there is a way to find out though :(
Don’t be anxious or nervous and if that’s hard work on it. Do the test prep so many times that it is just second nature and you show up to the test confident and calm. You’ll still feel like the test kicked your ass, but the less nervous and anxious you are the better you’ll do. This applies to everything at the Academy. Probably the biggest reason why people fail is nerves and anxiety. People get busy and they fall apart. Make mistakes and can’t get over it. Second guess themselves. The sad part is there really isn’t an excuse to be nervous or anxious as we all know what to expect on the ATSA and at the Academy. I am currently at the Academy and I get nervous and anxious before problems but I literally do breathing exercises before the problem starts to calm down and once the problem starts I make sure I’m always doing or thinking of something to leave no room for nerves.
This is great advice! I was slightly nervous going in, but I was completely under control. I breathed and rested between test portions for a couple minutes and was fine.

Back
Top Bottom