Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

I see a lot of people in here are moving forward in the process. I still have a “referred” and haven’t heard anything. I called the other day but I was on hold for 35 minutes and had to go back to work. Never got a call back. Is it safe to say I didn’t get selected for this bid, or is there still some hope for me?

I see a lot of people in here are moving forward in the process. I still have a “referred” and haven’t heard anything. I called the other day but I was on hold for 35 minutes and had to go back to work. Never got a call back. Is it safe to say I didn’t get selected for this bid, or is there still some hope for me?
You can be "referred" and not get a TOL. And at this point, I would assume that you are not selected.
Also, which band you are in? WQ, Q, or BQ?

Lucky you, I got my e-mail the day before Thanksgiving and have 8 calendar days.
Only 8 calendar days?! My deadline is December 28th and I was lucky enough to get an appointment for fingerprints next Friday. I have everything else done for security, just have to get my prints and send them in. Good luck!

I have RJ for my Security POC and I just have to mail two fingerprint cards and the 1631. Nothing about a 306 and the only signatures they wanted were digital signatures on the SF-86 and releasing it to them (which you already have to do in order to complete the SF-86). My email said there's no set deadline to do fingerprints because of FAA/FBI locations not doing them at this moment so if your police department is appointment only, then there's no need to rush as it will probably take awhile as our SF-86 investigation will start right away which alone will take at least a few months.

Lucky you, I got my e-mail the day before Thanksgiving and have 8 calendar days.
same here everywhere has been closed i found a place thats open tomorrow. MMPI my proctors won't be back until Monday so hopefully I can get an appointment then.

my email says
The position you have applied for requires a background investigation. Therefore, please follow guidance below for completion of forms. Please complete this request within 15 days of receipt.

Only 8 calendar days?! My deadline is December 28th and I was lucky enough to get an appointment for fingerprints next Friday. I have everything else done for security, just have to get my prints and send them in. Good luck!

I have 8 calendar days for the security, and 10 calendar days for the medical\scheduling appointment\MMPI appointment, all sent to me the day before Thanksgiving. I'm beyond fortunate that I work in the line of work I do and just had a coworker do the fingerprints, otherwise I have no idea how I'd accomplish that.

As for the medical portion, is there some sort of FAQ available here? I can't find anything in my searches, I'm kind of lost as to how far in depth to go with the "medical conditions" part, since it's pretty open ended.

I have 8 calendar days for the security, and 10 calendar days for the medical\scheduling appointment\MMPI appointment, all sent to me the day before Thanksgiving. I'm beyond fortunate that I work in the line of work I do and just had a coworker do the fingerprints, otherwise I have no idea how I'd accomplish that.

As for the medical portion, is there some sort of FAQ available here? I can't find anything in my searches, I'm kind of lost as to how far in depth to go with the "medical conditions" part, since it's pretty open ended.
Mine says to list all medical conditions current and historical and then defines a medical condition as anything I’ve had to go to the doctor’s for. So I had to list all my strep throat appointments, ear infections, flu, all those types of things

Mine says to list all medical conditions current and historical and then defines a medical condition as anything I’ve had to go to the doctor’s for. So I had to list all my strep throat appointments, ear infections, flu, all those types of things
I personally think Medical conditions refer to anything that is more serious like Diabetes, Asthma, and so forth . I don't think any of those you mentioned are truly necessary but what do i know? For medical history that is okay, but in my opinion that isn't going to stop you from doing a job.

Last edited:
I personally think Medical conditions refer to anything that is more serious like Diabetes, Asthma, and so forth . I don't think any of those are necessary but what do i know? For medical history that is okay, but not that isn't going to stop you from doing a job.
I just did as the instructions said. I had to see a doctor for those things and that’s what it told me to list. I thought it was kinda a lot, but I wanted to be sure so I listed it all. To each their own. At least they’ll be able to read all of it and see that I’ve had nothing serious I guess!

I personally think Medical conditions refer to anything that is more serious like Diabetes, Asthma, and so forth . I don't think any of those are necessary but what do i know? For medical history that is okay, but in my opinion that isn't going to stop you from doing a job.
It’s not about your opinion or what you think it’s asking for. When they ask for all medical conditions to be listed, it means list all medical conditions. That’d be like someone saying “in my opinion, the SF-86 is only asking for history of major crimes like rape or murder.” Or in a comparison to the actual job, “in my opinion, 1.5 miles separation is fine, the rule is only intended to make sure the aircraft don’t touch.” I guarantee you if you have diabetes or asthma and don’t disclose it and the agency somehow finds out you lied, it’s not going to go well.

It’s not about your opinion or what you think it’s asking for. When they ask for all medical conditions to be listed, it means list all medical conditions. That’d be like someone saying “in my opinion, the SF-86 is only asking for history of major crimes like rape or murder.” I guarantee you if you have diabetes or asthma and don’t disclose it and the agency somehow finds out you lied, it’s not going to go well.
I know that, of course! i ment like flu and so forth as he mentioned above to me is not a medical condition. But just my opinion.

It’s not about your opinion or what you think it’s asking for. When they ask for all medical conditions to be listed, it means list all medical conditions. That’d be like someone saying “in my opinion, the SF-86 is only asking for history of major crimes like rape or murder.” I guarantee you if you have diabetes or asthma and don’t disclose it and the agency somehow finds out you lied, it’s not going to go well.
This. I literally listed every single thing I’ve ever been seen for so it’s not an issue and they can take it for what it’s worth. Here’s the verbiage they used: “medical conditions refer to any condition that required you to be seen by a medical professional.” Did I go to the doctor to get my throat swabbed for strep? Sure did. Listed. Went to the doctors for the flu? Listed. That pink eye I had when I was 7? Listed. Went to the doctor for poison ivy to get something to help it when I was like 4. Listed it. If they don’t care about those minor illnesses, that’s fine, they can disregard it, but at least I disclosed it. And to be fair, they didn’t say how far to go back. It just said “present and historical” so that’s why I have everything from my whole life listed.

Last edited:
So ive only recieved the tol and an email saying they got my response and security and medical are on hold. Should i be concerned nothing else has come?

Happy Thanksgiving you guys. Took the MMPI today and was told no news is good news. So Just waiting on the Eqip and MedX now. One day at a time.

I'm from the 2019 bid and if I recall correctly, MMPI results are part of your medical clearance, so if you find out that you passed medical then you know you didn't get Tier-2'd on your MMPI.

question. I never went to the doctor but had covid back in June and quarantined....should I mention that?

Back
Top Bottom