Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

So I got this Email on October 2nd and haven't heard anything since. Same for y'all? My lease just ended at my current apartment and trying to figure out if it's prudent to sign another 1 year lease.

"Thank you for your acceptance of our tentative offer letter and for returning the required documents. We are excited that you have decided to start your new journey with our Agency! Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, portions of the clearance process are on hold. Once all requirements resume, you will receive instruction for the next steps of the process which includes:

• Complete all pre-employment forms

• Begin the Clearance Process. Once pre-employments forms are completed, you will receive a clearance instruction letter (CIL) that outlines all medical, security and drug screening requirements. You may experience a delay in receiving your CIL even after the process resumes, but rest assured that this process is closely tracked and we will be reaching out to you as expediently as possible. It is not unusual for this process to take a few months. Once you receive the CIL, you will have 60 days from the date of the CIL to complete ALL of the pre-employment clearance requirements.

We appreciate your patience as we work through these challenging times."
im not expecting us to be IN OKC until middle of next year or later, and thats if you get everything cleared. especially since basics are online as well. Also if you havent even received the EODS and CIL i would...in my opinion

im not expecting us to be IN OKC until middle of next year or later, and thats if you get everything cleared. especially since basics are online as well. Also if you havent even received the EODS and CIL i would...in my opinion
Is there any rhyme or reason to who got the EODS and CIL and who hasn't yet?

I'm on the EXP bid right now and I can tell you things are just going to happen at different times. Some of us have a facility selected and a lot of us are trapped with medical moving slow. Some get lucky getting stuff quick and others take a little longer. Lots of patience.

Anyone in Houston having trouble reaching a proctor for the MMPI? I was calling/emailing last week before the holidays and did not get a response. Tried again today and same thing. One number just keeps ringing, another goes to VM every time, and the 3rd isn't even an active number.

The next closest facility is like 4 hours away. I don't mind traveling, but a 20 minute drive would be much better.

If I schedule an appointment at one, am I able to change the location later?

Anyone in Houston having trouble reaching a proctor for the MMPI? I was calling/emailing last week before the holidays and did not get a response. Tried again today and same thing. One number just keeps ringing, another goes to VM every time, and the 3rd isn't even an active number.

The next closest facility is like 4 hours away. I don't mind traveling, but a 20 minute drive would be much better.

If I schedule an appointment at one, am I able to change the location later?
literally just called and scheduled mine. call the secondary Procter ML and he'll schedule you.

ninerfour Where are you getting your MMPI done? Holly at ZOB is out for 2 weeks due to quarantine.
So did they say she would still contact you when she gets back from quarantine or should we schedule elsewhere? What exactly were their instructions to you? I talked to her before she went out and she said she had to verify with the FAA that I did in fact get a CIL and then she’d call me towards the end of this week to schedule. Idk if I should just wait and see how it plays out since we have plenty of time to complete the mmpi or if I should just go elsewhere

So did they say she would still contact you when she gets back from quarantine or should we schedule elsewhere? What exactly were their instructions to you? I talked to her before she went out and she said she had to verify with the FAA that I did in fact get a CIL and then she’d call me towards the end of this week to schedule. Idk if I should just wait and see how it plays out since we have plenty of time to complete the mmpi or if I should just go elsewhere
She actually just sent me a follow up email saying she’d start reaching out to people on Dec 10th to schedule/reschedule. She said there’s no need for me to go anywhere else but I’m not sure how far down the list you are so it might be beneficial to call elsewhere. I also live 2 miles from ZOB so it makes the most sense to wait it out.

So I had to get my fingerprints done with that SF form last year for a faa related job (not actually employed by the faa). Will I have to get them redone or will they be on file? I havent gotten the security email yet

There could be MULTIPLE reasons. A big one right now is red/green covid zones. Another one could be to not overflow the process, but that wouldnt make sense knowing that this bid right now is TINY. But the only one I know is certain is the red/green zoning.

She actually just sent me a follow up email saying she’d start reaching out to people on Dec 10th to schedule/reschedule. She said there’s no need for me to go anywhere else but I’m not sure how far down the list you are so it might be beneficial to call elsewhere. I also live 2 miles from ZOB so it makes the most sense to wait it out.
That is so weird I just got the same email after posting this ? holly and I are on the same wavelength today lol

There could be MULTIPLE reasons. A big one right now is red/green covid zones. Another one could be to not overflow the process, but that wouldnt make sense knowing that this bid right now is TINY. But the only one I know is certain is the red/green zoning.
I'm in FL and multiple ppl have received their CIL. I'm still waiting for my EODS.

Curious for some input here: I've never had to provide hard-proof medical history to an employer, and I don't really have much medical history - I've been fortunate with my health and I've never even had to go to an Emergency Room. However, I had two minor surgeries, both over a decade ago when I was under 18 years old. Does anyone with any experience know how one is supposed to "get" medical records for things like that? This is the one thing I am totally lost on.

Curious for some input here: I've never had to provide hard-proof medical history to an employer, and I don't really have much medical history - I've been fortunate with my health and I've never even had to go to an Emergency Room. However, I had two minor surgeries, both over a decade ago when I was under 18 years old. Does anyone with any experience know how one is supposed to "get" medical records for things like that? This is the one thing I am totally lost on.
If you remember where the surgeries were done it should be as easy as calling or going in person and asking for all your medical records.

I had surgery the day after I was born and again a few months later, then 3 other surgeries throughout my life that I have to document lol this should be fun

Thanks for the reply ShadyR6. I will start there.

I had surgery the day after I was born and again a few months later, then 3 other surgeries throughout my life that I have to document lol this should be fun
Oh my lord, you just reminded me that I had a surgery when I was a newborn, too. I have no idea what to do about that one. :rofl:

I feel like how quickly we respond back to them plays a role. I have responded within minutes if possible with whatever they request, and I feel like its moving pretty fast for me.

-MMPI I took the morning after the email but I drove 9 hrs round trip to do it asap
-SF86 I submitted within hours, had it prefilled out in a PDF and just had to transpose info
-Fingerprints I did morning after they emailed, and they arrived there today by mail
-Medical scheduled this Thursday
-Drug test scheduled this Friday

Just an FYI. Was confused because I never received anything from EQuip for my background investigation and it turns out if you have an active secret clearance from the military you may not have to go through that process again.

Back
Top Bottom