Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ALLSRCE-73599

if we don't input an answer will it pause or will it keep going and you get a miss?
if we get done early can we go back to review/edit answers?

for the ones that have already taken it, how fast was the spacial visual questions? anything like Job where its 4 seconds, 3 seconds and 2 seconds?
And to add to this, how long did it last? Was it like 2 minutes long or longer?

This might be a dumb question, but I'm gonna ask it anyway: When exactly do you press "0" on the collision sim on the ATSA? Do you press it after every scenario once you've cleared all potential collisions (i.e., balls come in, you clear the balls that are about to collide and then you press "0" before the remaining balls fly off the screen)?

if we don't input an answer will it pause or will it keep going and you get a miss?
if we get done early can we go back to review/edit answers?
It will keep going and you'll get a miss. And no there is no going back on answers. Each section takes its own time so there really is no such thing as finishing early, only if you skip your 30 minute break.
This might be a dumb question, but I'm gonna ask it anyway: When exactly do you press "0" on the collision sim on the ATSA? Do you press it after every scenario once you've cleared all potential collisions (i.e., balls come in, you clear the balls that are about to collide and then you press "0" before the remaining balls fly off the screen)?
You only press 0 when a scenario has no collisions.

It will keep going and you'll get a miss. And no there is no going back on answers. Each section takes its own time so there really is no such thing as finishing early, only if you skip your 30 minute break.

You only press 0 when a scenario has no collisions.
Noted. So that's different from Job, which says to press "0" after every scenario, when you're done clearing the collisions, to let the system know you recognize it's a clear airspace.

for the ones that have already taken it, how fast was the spacial visual questions? anything like Job where its 4 seconds, 3 seconds and 2 seconds?
Probably less than two seconds. Felt like a second and change. Be on your game for that section, it is surprisingly difficult. Run the practice a few times until you get into a rhythm.

Probably less than two seconds. Felt like a second and change. Be on your game for that section, it is surprisingly difficult. Run the practice a few times until you get into a rhythm.
I can handle Job’s 2 seconds, but 1 sec? That’s tuff! ?

I mean, it takes 1 second to see the screen lol. You’d think it be 2 seconds to respond, but others who’ve already taken it have also said it felt way faster.

Well, I got 9 more days left to get my ? together.

Finished ATSA just now. Took just about two hours. Only 3 collisions, and those math problems can kiss me where the sun don’t shine I seldom looked down.

Personality test still by far my least favorite part where I feel like I spent 15-20 minutes contradicting myself and looking like an asshole with my answers lol.

Also, I hope I never have to do another question about who got to work first or who’s in line 3rd one more time or that might be my 13th reason.

Finished ATSA just now. Took just about two hours. Only 3 collisions, and those math problems can kiss me where the sun don’t shine I seldom looked down.

Personality test still by far my least favorite part where I feel like I spent 15-20 minutes contradicting myself and looking like an asshole with my answers lol.

Also, I hope I never have to do another question about who got to work first or who’s in line 3rd one more time or that might be my 13th reason.
Meanwhile I was relived to do the personality test because at that point I felt my brain had melted and it felt like a break, I answered them somewhat mindlessly, hope that doesn't hurt my chances.

Agreed on the last part though. Who freaking cares who finished the race 5th.

After buying ATCprep, I ended up buying job as well since I could use some practice at reading comprehension and logic. I gave the simulation a go on hard and didn't expect how impossible it is compared to ATC on hard. Balls come into the screen basically pre-collided. From what I've read in earlier posts it appears that the simulation in ATCprep reflects the test better?

After buying ATCprep, I ended up buying job as well since I could use some practice at reading comprehension and logic. I gave the simulation a go on hard and didn't expect how impossible it is compared to ATC on hard. Balls come into the screen basically pre-collided. From what I've read in earlier posts it appears that the simulation in ATCprep reflects the test better?
Yes, but some people have also said the sim on Job is better because ATCPrep is too slow, and I agree.

I also have both, and I find ATCPrep way too slow on the hardest setting, so I've been practicing w/ Job on the hardest, which is more of a challenge.

Just finished the ATSA about 10 minutes ago! I had 6 or 7 collisions on the radar segment, but I did try to do a good bit of the math problems. Math problem keys are (ASDF) and I felt pretty comfortable answering them. I am hoping that will offset my collisions a little bit. The memory differences game is very long and will tax your brain to start off the test, but I got the hang of it pretty quck and it felt second nature to me after I warmed up.

The differences, spacial awareness, and variables were pretty easy and I felt pretty confident with that. Personality quiz was a nice break and the logical reasoning and reading comprehension wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be. I definitely had to go fast on the last couple questions. I recommend not spending a lot of time with re-reading the questions and focusing on the question as much as you can the first time you read it. Hope this helps you all! I did study using JobTestPrep and feel like it helped a lot.

My brain is fried now, gonna go grab a drink and chill. Good luck to all who haven't taken it! Sleep well, eat something good, exercise the night before, and do not stress at all. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Just finished the ATSA about 10 minutes ago! I had 6 or 7 collisions on the radar segment, but I did try to do a good bit of the math problems. Math problem keys are (ASDF) and I felt pretty comfortable answering them. I am hoping that will offset my collisions a little bit. The memory differences game is very long and will tax your brain to start off the test, but I got the hang of it pretty quck and it felt second nature to me after I warmed up.

The differences, spacial awareness, and variables were pretty easy and I felt pretty confident with that. Personality quiz was a nice break and the logical reasoning and reading comprehension wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be. I definitely had to go fast on the last couple questions. I recommend not spending a lot of time with re-reading the questions and focusing on the question as much as you can the first time you read it. Hope this helps you all! I did study using JobTestPrep and feel like it helped a lot.

My brain is fried now, gonna go grab a drink and chill. Good luck to all who haven't taken it! Sleep well, eat something good, exercise the night before, and do not stress at all. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.
Thanks!

1) Were you allowed to skip questions on the reading comprehension and logical reasoning questions and return to them later, or did the test force you to answer each question one by one?

2) Also, is there a timer on the screen, or do you have to keep track of time yourself, which I assume would be tricky if there's not a clock nearby since we're prob not allowed to wear a watch?

Thanks!

1) Were you allowed to skip questions on the reading comprehension and logical reasoning questions and return to them later, or did the test force you to answer each question one by one?

2) Also, is there a timer on the screen, or do you have to keep track of time yourself, which I assume would be tricky if there's not a clock nearby since we're prob not allowed to wear a watch?
You were not allowed to skip any questions and return to them later. It forced you to answer one by one. There was a timer on the top of the screen as well!

Thanks man! I also did notice that it said you have 3 hours and 30 minutes to finish the test at the beginning. On the email it says 2 hours and 50 minutes, so not sure why it said that at the beginning. I did take two breaks as well and felt like they helped to refocus.
Do the proctors keep track of breaks, or is it up to us to keep track of time when we take breaks?

Cause I think some people said we can either take 5 min breaks in between sections or 30 mins all at once if I recall correctly?

Do the proctors keep track of breaks, or is it up to us to keep track of time when we take breaks?

Cause I think some people said we can either take 5 min breaks in between sections or 30 mins all at once if I recall correctly?
Yeah so they came and put me in a unscheduled break and then I just left and came back. I tried not to be gone for more than 10 minutes.

I had the same amount of collisions too. Hopefully that won’t hurt us. I’ve seen people here say they had 2-3 collisions… but it already feels like ages ago. Time to sit back and wait!

In the mean time, I’m applying to graduate schools just in case this falls through!

Back
Top Bottom