Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ATCEXP-71144

Facility lists usually go up through 9s for the most part for us prior guys If you’re at certain facility’s, usually the top 5 radar (at least Air Force wise) expect 7,8,9s or the rare 10/11 if you have eglin or a combo of those mentioned above. If you’re tower only then yeah there’s a chance with multiple tower ratings, usually 3+ that you’ll end up on that same 7/8/9 but usually you get the 4/5/6 list with maybe a 7 thrown in there. It’s all based off traffic count at facility and then years experience but that’s less important than traffic count/complexity. This is all from the head honcho that runs the assignment program at the ATO office. I was also told if you’re in the 7/8/9 group to expect to get one of your top 3. If you fall in the 4/5/6/7 group then it’s a crap shoot. They try their best for the smaller facility lists but they can go a lot farther down the dream sheet than the higher ones.

Facility lists usually go up through 9s for the most part for us prior guys If you’re at certain facility’s, usually the top 5 radar (at least Air Force wise) expect 7,8,9s or the rare 10/11 if you have eglin or a combo of those mentioned above. If you’re tower only then yeah there’s a chance with multiple tower ratings, usually 3+ that you’ll end up on that same 7/8/9 but usually you get the 4/5/6 list with maybe a 7 thrown in there. It’s all based off traffic count at facility and then years experience but that’s less important than traffic count/complexity. This is all from the head honcho that runs the assignment program at the ATO office. I was also told if you’re in the 7/8/9 group to expect to get one of your top 3. If you fall in the 4/5/6/7 group then it’s a crap shoot. They try their best for the smaller facility lists but they can go a lot farther down the dream sheet than the higher ones.
Thank you for the detailed response! I have 3 CTO’s one of them from an FAA level 9 facility, and also a approach/arrival ticket from the Navy. This give me hope to see some 8s or 9s again. I for sure wouldn’t be upset with a 7 though, one of my favorite areas is a 7.

Interesting. I’ve never heard of anyone not getting their #1 preferred location on their list.... Lol. But i’ll probably be the first

I have Eglin (radar & tower) and Vance (radar), we’ll see if this true!

Interesting. I’ve never heard of anyone not getting their #1 preferred location on their list.... Lol. But i’ll probably be the first
I know a guy who got his 12th or 13th ranked a couple years ago. At the time I remember quite a few people getting facilities outside of their top 5 as well. Sometimes the faa just needs bodies in a certain fac and you can draw the short straw no matter where you rank it.

Curious question can you add new experience if you have garnered new ratings at a new facility while going through the hiring process for my example I went from single runway to intersecting runways. I understand that the way that they score you is dependent on that so just curious if it would be to late or not to add that.

There is a pub somewhere that breaks it down. I don’t remember what it’s called but I think it said you get but in on of 2 groups based on experience points. If you’re above the average points for your bid you get put in one group and get 7-9s. Below average you’re in the Second group and get 7s and below. At least that’s how the tower part worked idk if it was different from people with radar.

I work with 5 prior experience people and none of them got their number 1 but I’m pretty sure they all got their top 5.

That’s literally my screenshot I was going to post here ?
Haha I was at work and my co-worker got the same list as you. I posted it here right around the same time you posted yours on Facebook that’s too funny. I definitely commented on your post too. It’s nice to put a face to HotelMoney ?

Definitely take experience into account. If you have your radar ticket you’ll get 8s and 9s on your list... If no radar.. highest is 7
My buddy had 1 facility (tower only) for his entire 6 year enlistment, worked 2 contract towers for 2 years and had a few level 8’s and a bunch of 7’s on his list. He ultimately ended up getting his #1 choice (BWI)

Haha I was at work and my co-worker got the same list as you. I posted it here right around the same time you posted yours on Facebook that’s too funny. I definitely commented on your post too. It’s nice to put a face to HotelMoney ?
Hahaha that's hilarious. We both got that email at the same time then, guess they really do go out in waves. Any idea where your bud wants to go?

Back
Top Bottom