Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ATCEXP-71144

A new list was sent out. Here is mine.
Hobby on that list not bad. They couldn’t find anyone in the last NCEPT that wanted to go there?? Congrats to whoever gets it I guess.

Did they ever send you confirmation that you were fully cleared? Or did they just send you a list?
They sent the list via email, and the medical lady only emailed me that I cleared last week after I asked about it. Never heard anything from HR. For reference I finished my my CIL exactly 3 weeks ago.

They sent the list via email, and the medical lady only emailed me that I cleared last week after I asked about it. Never heard anything from HR. For reference I finished my my CIL exactly 3 weeks ago.
Thank you! I appreciate the insight! This Friday will be 2 weeks for me since I completed my CIL so I’m hoping for a list in the next couple weeks ??

A new list was sent out. Here is mine.
boy, i loved growing up in PIT, specifically by the airport. Weather isn't that bad but also isn't that great. But the area/people are kinda what make it. From my understanding they're a solid 9 so some pretty busy traffic, but nothing super crazy. Enjoy that list man, way better than the one I saw on FB

boy, i loved growing up in PIT, specifically by the airport. Weather isn't that bad but also isn't that great. But the area/people are kinda what make it. From my understanding they're a solid 9 so some pretty busy traffic, but nothing super crazy. Enjoy that list man, way better than the one I saw on FB
I got my CTO from PIT last time I was in the FAA, and you are correct the people definitely make the area! The school system all around the airport are also amazing!

Got mine today as well. Not particularly impressed with the choices but it is what it is. Not really sure why they put tower only facilities on a list for a radar only guy. If anyone could explain that process that’d be awesome

Attachments

• 0FFA83B2-FF23-4A35-8C3E-E6D392C88FA2.jpeg
    0FFA83B2-FF23-4A35-8C3E-E6D392C88FA2.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 391
Got mine today as well. Not particularly impressed with the choices but it is what it is. Not really sure why they put tower only facilities on a list for a radar only guy. If anyone could explain that process that’d be awesome
Because in the FAAs eyes it's easier for a radar only guy to learn mid to low level tower only than a tower only learning radar. Also that's were bodies are needed.

also, the .65 has 1 or 2 chapters dedicated to the tower whereas the radar requires you to know 4? 5? 6? idk. More.

Are you from the 2021 bid? I got the same list as you, I’m from the 2020 bid

also, the .65 has 1 or 2 chapters dedicated to the tower whereas the radar requires you to know 4? 5? 6? idk. More.
My question was why they would even include tower only facilities on a list if they specify in the email that you wouldn’t be placed there anyway

Are you from the 2021 bid? I got the same list as you, I’m from the 2020 bid
2021. If it makes a difference, I was originally cleared on the 2020 non prior experience bid and then switched when I got this TOL

My question was why they would even include tower only facilities on a list if they specify in the email that you wouldn’t be placed there anyway
I.... Dont know if I really understand. But i'll try to explain. If you have it on your list, and you rank it 1, and the FAA needs you there. They're gonna send you there. Doesn't really matter your experience. Its moreso luck of timing.

Were you out at Tyndall? I recognize the name, either way, Prescott would be a pretty sweet gig on that list.

Back
Top Bottom