Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ATCEXP-71144

No
Damn that’s rough. So it’s a big lie when they say all you need is a one on one eval to get cleared if you tier 2 MMPI? Or does the processing just take forever?
Not a lie. Processing takes forever and you hace a 1 on 1 eval and retake the test plus an extra one. Add a year to your timeline probably. There is a whole tier 2 thread.

Damn that’s rough. So it’s a big lie when they say all you need is a one on one eval to get cleared if you tier 2 MMPI? Or does the processing just take forever?
Covid screwed it up bad for tier II. I haven’t been scheduled for the eval yet. I would try to get a DoD job in the mean time if I was you. Locks in your age and starts fed time, TSP contribution and all that jazz.

If you recently got out of the military and they haven’t moved your stuff yet back to your home of record they will ship it to your new city as long as it isn’t farther than your home of record. But that’s only if you very recently got out and haven’t had them move your stuff already.
Not necessarily true they will send it to your next location but you have to pay the difference for the cost past your home of record

So, apparently my physical never got sent over, and neither did my drug test.. so both were showing as incomplete. Thankfully I reached out to the FAA doc to check on the status, otherwise however many days I have left out of the 60 it would've just showed as incomplete and then tol would've been rescinded.

If you recently got out of the military and they haven’t moved your stuff yet back to your home of record they will ship it to your new city as long as it isn’t farther than your home of record. But that’s only if you very recently got out and haven’t had them move your stuff already.

They’ll send your HHG within 180 days of your ETS. If it’s further than your home of record it might cost a little more but I’m not familiar with that. That’s what travel told me but I’ve never heard of anything actually owing anything. Also don’t forget to file your travel voucher as well to either your home of record or MEPS you entered station at (whichever is further). You can do that right when you ETS even if you haven’t moved. You’re authorized that money and as it was explained to me (I was Army, separated a year ago) travel moves things and your travel voucher moves personnel. So they don’t have to match at all. Get your money.

Covid screwed it up bad for tier II. I haven’t been scheduled for the eval yet. I would try to get a DoD job in the mean time if I was you. Locks in your age and starts fed time, TSP contribution and all that jazz.
I’m not tier 2 was just curious. I just took the MMPI yesterday it’s just crazy to see how bad the process is for people who are. At least it’s fairly easy to find contract jobs while you wait if you don’t care where you live.

So, apparently my physical never got sent over, and neither did my drug test.. so both were showing as incomplete. Thankfully I reached out to the FAA doc to check on the status, otherwise however many days I have left out of the 60 it would've just showed as incomplete and then tol would've been rescinded.
Did you reach out to your HR rep or the main medical email that was sent out? That org box.

Did you reach out to your HR rep or the main medical email that was sent out? That org box.
I reached out to the HR rep about a week before talking with the FAA medical guy I never received a reply from HR rep. I have a medical guy that I talk to directly, because of an MIC when I was 20 and in college.. so I had to send him this alcohol consumption narrative essay.

I’m not tier 2 was just curious. I just took the MMPI yesterday it’s just crazy to see how bad the process is for people who are. At least it’s fairly easy to find contract jobs while you wait if you don’t care where you live.
Yeah it’s pretty crazy

Just finished up all my CIL requirements on Friday (July 9th). Hoping to hear that I clear medical soon. How long has everyone been waiting to hear they cleared medical from the time they finish their CIL? And likewise getting a list after being informed of medical clearance? Thanks!

Just finished up all my CIL requirements on Friday (July 9th). Hoping to hear that I clear medical soon. How long has everyone been waiting to hear they cleared medical from the time they finish their CIL? And likewise getting a list after being informed of medical clearance? Thanks!
Finished all of my CIL requirements on Jun 10th and received my list July 7th. And the only way I got word that I was cleared through security/medical is having to reach out myself.

Finished CIL June 16, found out I cleared July 1st after emailing my medical contact, received list July 7th.
Finished all of my CIL requirements on Jun 10th and received my list July 7th. And the only way I got word that I was cleared through security/medical is having to reach out myself.
If you don’t my asking, what did you put as your top 3 facilities?

What'd your list look like?

Back
Top Bottom