Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ATCEXP-71144

Why do you think I asked where to find it? Thanks for the link bud
Pro tip: top right of your page there is a search function. Type in any ICAO you are curious about and it’ll be the first thing to pop up. It has the most up to date info I’ve found yet. (123atc is showing 2020 pay rates and I assume 2020 trainee numbers and whatnot). Use both to show a trend.
Airnav . Com will show you traffic averages over the last year. (Unless this site also has it and I just haven’t found it).

Pro tip: top right of your page there is a search function. Type in any ICAO you are curious about and it’ll be the first thing to pop up. It has the most up to date info I’ve found yet. (123atc is showing 2020 pay rates and I assume 2020 trainee numbers and whatnot). Use both to show a trend.
Airnav . Com will show you traffic averages over the last year. (Unless this site also has it and I just haven’t found it).
Thanks for all the info. I’ve looked around 123atc but it looks like this site is a lot more useful and current. Glad somebody brought up the trainee info so I thought to ask or I probably would have been panic searching when I got my list.

Anyone that got selected last month get a FOL yet?
Not yet. I am from the 2020 bid but got a list at the same time. Had to refresh my drug test. Did that yesterday. My start date isn’t until November 8th though so I’m sure they aren’t in a hurry.

A friend of mine did as well, wondering what’s the hold up. Tried calling HR but I have a better chance of contracting a new variant of covid and becoming a zombie than getting in touch of HR.
Yeah the problem with this industry is there is really only one employer you want to work for and they know that so there isn’t any incentive to provide a good candidate experience. Who else is going to hire you to do this job for this pay and benefits? Also government.

By your ATM info related comment I assume you’re already in? If so I’ll just hand you the W lol if not good luck!
I'm at a contract tower since November. They ended up using that security clearance, but no clue when it finished and they asked for my DD214 in beginning of June.. so who knows what the date on it is lol.

I'm at a contract tower since November. They ended up using that security clearance, but no clue when it finished and they asked for my DD214 in beginning of June.. so who knows what the date on it is lol.
I emailed the ATO last week and asked about this. Your security clearance tenure for facility preference is dated to when the Personnel Security Office clears their portion of your CIL for the current hiring bid (with the exception of a few stragglers from pervious bids). It’s not the date you actually received your security clearance.

Last edited:
I emailed a colleague over at the ATO last week and asked about this. Your security clearance tenure for facility preference is dated to when the Personnel Security Office clears the security portion of your CIL for the current hiring bid. It’s not the date you actually received your security clearance.
If you get ahold of your HR POC they can tell you the date both your medical and security clearance cleared

I emailed the ATO last week and asked about this. Your security clearance tenure for facility preference is dated to when the Personnel Security Office clears their portion of your CIL for the current hiring bid (with the exception of a few stragglers from pervious bids). It’s not the date you actually received your security clearance.
Ah okay that makes sense, I appreciate the info!

So just a dumb question here as I try to figure out the chance of not getting my number one.

I got 36 potential placements, does that mean there are 36-42 individuals who received lists? (Some places have two slots open.)

So just a dumb question here as I try to figure out the chance of not getting my number one.

I got 36 potential placements, does that mean there are 36-42 individuals who received lists? (Some places have two slots open.)
I don’t believe so. If you go back to the last couple lists that were put out, there is several on all of them (off the top of my head, ADW) so either there were a ton of spots open there or it’s just a compiled list that they put out and has the top however many facilities they deemed need people the most, and as spots fill up they replace them with new facilities. Back when I first applied the lists were 10-15 facilities long and every one was different that you seen come out, so it isn’t all that surprising if the streamlined the process.

So does that mean previous bids get top preference before they look at the security date of this bid? I emailed them asking about the selection process but haven’t heard back yet.

So does that mean previous bids get top preference before they look at the security date of this bid? I emailed them asking about the selection process but haven’t heard back yet.
There are going to be a few stragglers from previous bids that are finishing up their medical clearances that get lumped into lists with the current group of hires. So yes, they will have preference. But the vast majority of people getting facility lists will have their security clearances dated sometime between April ‘21 through the rest of the year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom