Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ATCEXP-71144

I don’t believe so. If you go back to the last couple lists that were put out, there is several on all of them (off the top of my head, ADW) so either there were a ton of spots open there or it’s just a compiled list that they put out and has the top however many facilities they deemed need people the most, and as spots fill up they replace them with new facilities. Back when I first applied the lists were 10-15 facilities long and every one was different that you seen come out, so it isn’t all that surprising if the streamlined the process.

So does that mean previous bids get top preference before they look at the security date of this bid? I emailed them asking about the selection process but haven’t heard back yet.
Hmm ok, yeah ADW must be STRUGGLING… I believe two individuals from this bid already started there, and it’s still going on lists?! Haha… I did notice that all the lists we posted were the same with a few additions and subtractions depending on individual previous experience. Pretty boring imo, hopefully the next list on the 25th has more variation between candidates.

Use this tool to see what each place will pay you and using which version of the GI Bill. Just select OJT and type in "FAA" followed by the airport name. If they have the program, it'll pop up on there.
I wanted to bring this back up, just incase some folks want to take advantage of the GI/Post 911 benefits. If you’re unable to transfer your benefits, money waiting for you while you upgrade.

I did notice that all the lists we posted were the same with a few additions and subtractions depending on individual previous experience. Pretty boring imo, hopefully the next list on the 25th has more variation between candidates
That's not how it works. They don't personalize lists to individuals. Individuals are grouped based on their experience and the entire group gets generally the same list.

Well, same... i was instantly cleared as well but that doesn’t help if you don’t know the date you were told you were cleared through security.
Yup, I just learned that today.
I’m not going to bother emailing HR, we’ll just have to see what happens.

Yes my security was expiring or something so had to update the eqip. When did you submit whatever you needed to submit for the security portion then if it weren’t the eqip?
I didn't end up having to submit anything. I noticed that I wasn't being contacted by my security person so when I reached out via email they told me that the investigation they had on file was good. I did e-Qip at the beginning of the year to get my current job and it was all done through the OPM. I was relieved to not have to go through that again.

I didn't end up having to submit anything. I noticed that I wasn't being contacted by my security person so when I reached out via email they told me that the investigation they had on file was good. I did e-Qip at the beginning of the year to get my current job and it was all done through the OPM. I was relieved to not have to go through that again.
What about the DOT form 1631? Didn’t even have to sign that?

Interesting... Well that’s all folks. good luck!
Well if you want to come to visit Eugene you will always have a place to stay.

Totally kidding brother, there are so many variables and we can't keep our hopes too high. Someone from the last bid I heard got their 31st pick, and a friend of mine got his 7th. There is really no way to be sure.

I wanted to bring this back up, just incase some folks want to take advantage of the GI/Post 911 benefits. If you’re unable to transfer your benefits, money waiting for you while you upgrade.
This. Very much looking forward to that extra money, will help offset the “reduced” training compensation.

Well if you want to come to visit Eugene you will always have a place to stay.

Totally kidding brother, there are so many variables and we can't keep our hopes too high. Someone from the last bid I heard got their 31st pick, and a friend of mine got his 7th. There is really no way to be sure.
Yeah, little do we know now you’re getting shipped to SJU lol

Well, the list is in. ILM, MKG, CRW, TOL, TWF are the top 5. Guess we will wait a couple days and see that we are all going to California.
Side note: Did any of y’all’s list change when you went to the survey? The took away 2 California spots from me and added 7 different facilities from KY to CA and everywhere in between. ?

Back
Top Bottom