Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ATCEXP-71144

I know this is probably a shot in the dark, but does anyone know what my paychecks will look like making level 8 D3 pay with standard locality? I know base pay is $85k which is roughly $41/hr. I’m just trying to figure out what my take home pay will look like after taxes, NATCA donations, and healthcare (single rate), so I can figure out what kind of place I can afford. Thanks folks ??

do yall know for the experienced bid, if we need to stay current with our CTOs after 52 weeks? or could we just drop it and the experience would still count?
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR CANDIDATES WHO HAVE MAINTAINED AT LEAST 52 CONSECUTIVE WEEKS OF AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL EXPERIENCE INVOLVING THE FULL-TIME ACTIVE SEPARATION OF AIR TRAFFIC AFTER RECEIPT OF AN ATC CERTIFICATION OR FACILITY RATING WITHIN 5 YEARS OF APPLICATION WHILE SERVING AT:
  • a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) air traffic control facility; OR
  • a civilian or military air traffic control facility of the Department of Defense, including National Guard facilities; OR
  • a tower operating under contract with the FAA under section 47124
Has to be within the past 5 years of application according to the hiring bid info. You can find the full info at the very beginning of this thread.

I know this is probably a shot in the dark, but does anyone know what my paychecks will look like making level 8 D3 pay with standard locality? I know base pay is $85k which is roughly $41/hr. I’m just trying to figure out what my take home pay will look like after taxes, NATCA donations, and healthcare (single rate), so I can figure out what kind of place I can afford. Thanks folks ??
Not sure if you’re saying you know what your pay scale will include with locality, but you can find that here. pointSixtyFive Facility Information

There are 26 pay periods in the year so dividing salary by 26 should give you your gross paycheck. I’ve found usually about 70% is what you’ll take home after deductions.

Take the numbers from here and plug them into the calculator from here

do yall know for the experienced bid, if we need to stay current with our CTOs after 52 weeks? or could we just drop it and the experience would still count?
52 weeks post certification is the minimum. If you have that prior to your break in ATC, you meet the criteria

Check out 123atc for your facility. Then do a bit of math for the # of pay periods (should be 25).

I reached out and found out that I have been medically cleared, but my security rep said,

"Your investigation was completed by The Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency. A review was done and disclosed some issues. Your case has now been referred to another office for review."

Not really sure what to expect from this, and from trying to google more about it I haven't found many answers.

I reached out and found out that I have been medically cleared, but my security rep said,

"Your investigation was completed by The Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency. A review was done and disclosed some issues. Your case has now been referred to another office for review."

Not really sure what to expect from this, and from trying to google more about it I haven't found many answers.
Do you have any issues in your past? And did you disclose them?

Do you have any issues in your past? And did you disclose them?
No issues in the past, I still have a valid security clearance from the Navy at this rate. No criminal history, or anything that I can think of that would be a security issue. I am not sure what else could get me with this.

No issues in the past, I still have a valid security clearance from the Navy at this rate. No criminal history, or anything that I can think of that would be a security issue. I am not sure what else could get me with this.
Did you recently separate from active duty? This happened to me when I first got hired by the FAA because the USN/USMC “administratively” removed my clearance. It was a normal procedure for everyone out-processing, and it did create a longer security check for me at the time as well

Did you recently separate from active duty? This happened to me when I first got hired by the FAA because the USN/USMC “administratively” removed my clearance. It was a normal procedure for everyone out-processing, and it did create a longer security check for me at the time as well
I got out in the summer of 2019, so maybe, but it would be kind of wild that it is 2 years now.

I am not really sure what to do here, I don't know if this is just a longer wait time to get cleared or if this is an issue that may put a halt on things.

I got out in the summer of 2019, so maybe, but it would be kind of wild that it is 2 years now.

I am not really sure what to do here, I don't know if this is just a longer wait time to get cleared or if this is an issue that may put a halt on things.
If there really aren’t any issues I don’t see what you have to worry about. Hopefully it’s just something flagged that is nothing and they are going to review it and clear you.

If there really aren’t any issues I don’t see what you have to worry about. Hopefully it’s just something flagged that is nothing and they are going to review it and clear you.
Thanks mate, high hopes that everything goes over well. I just hate the waiting game.

I was flagged because some credit pull had my name backwards ( first-last-middle instead of first-middle-last). Had to have a security interview and she asked if I ever went by any other names. Once I said no she told me the reason for the red flag and that was pretty much it. Apparently that happens more than it should.

Is anyone else getting the business from medical? 10% disabled with tinnitus that doesn’t affect my hearing. I asked if I could get another audiology exam in place of my VA records, which aren’t estimated to be here for 3-6 months and were supposed to the very last thing I needed to be medically cleared. Must’ve been a dumb question because now my flight surgeon decided they want my entire determination letter and everything else I applied for, whether I received a rating or not, as well as the exam report from my tinnitus appointment. I had made a mistake on my preemployment worksheet that I thought I had resolved by sending a new revised one, but my power hungry, slow to respond medical rep decided she now wants a written and signed personal statement. Do your friends a favor and tell them not to say they’re disabled or plan on claiming any disabilities if they get picked up for a bid. My HR rep has been non-existent lately as well. I’ve cleared everything else. Good MMPI background check and physical.

Back
Top Bottom