Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-76330

One more question if they give you a list and you reject that list do you get another one or do you just have to wait for the next bid?
I have a friend who didn't like the list they got, but their process took a while and the HR rep said they're doing another bid in a couple months so they just applied to that one and their appointments were still current so it was a super quick turnaround. This was a few years ago, before 2020, and the process has changed a bit since, but the idea should be similar.

One more question if they give you a list and you reject that list do you get another one or do you just have to wait for the next bid?
You’ll be waiting for the next bid. You used to be able to reject it for a new list but they changed it years ago. If you reject the list, you’ll be waiting for the next bid, whenever it is

You’ll be waiting for the next bid. You used to be able to reject it for a new list but they changed it years ago. If you reject the list, you’ll be waiting for the next bid, whenever it is
Thats how its always been. You reject, you could sometimes negotiate different things or for them to reevaluate experience, but never have they offered another list for you rejecting it on a prior exp bid. That being said, what he is saying isn't wrong. The majority of the clearances carry over and theoretically if another bid came out soon after, then you would be able to use those same clearances and avoid doing pretty much the entire CIL process. Which in turn, just means you're waiting for a list again.

Does anyone know if the MMPI is timed? Scheduling it on my end has been a headache. I called to schedule last month once I got my TOL, and I called again today to confirm and what do I find out? The proctor is out on extended leave. So I called around and they scrambled someone from another facility to come to the initial ATC tower, like can a civilian even go in there? The guy says to be there at 7am sharp and I’ll only have 2 hours. It’s my last step so I’m not trying to screw it up by rushing in traffic and getting flustered. Not even sure I can answer 600 questions in 2 hours.

Does anyone know if the MMPI is timed? Scheduling it on my end has been a headache. I called to schedule last month once I got my TOL, and I called again today to confirm and what do I find out? The proctor is out on extended leave. So I called around and they scrambled someone from another facility to come to the initial ATC tower, like can a civilian even go in there? The guy says to be there at 7am sharp and I’ll only have 2 hours. It’s my last step so I’m not trying to screw it up by rushing in traffic and getting flustered. Not even sure I can answer 600 questions in 2 hours.
The person who proctored mine was super nice, and said it can take anywhere from 40 minutes to 3 hours. Didn't mention a time limit.

It was a standard one. Maybe there's another appointment after you, that's the only reason I can think of for limiting you to only 2 hours.

Wth? Can they actually rush you on this test? I don’t want to screw it up by answering too fast and miss something.

Wth? Can they actually rush you on this test? I don’t want to screw it up by answering too fast and miss something.
I didn’t even try to go quick, and it only took me like an hour and 10 minutes. It’s T/F questions, there’s not a ton of thinking that goes into it, the scenario either applies to you or it doesn’t. I wouldn’t stress, you’ll probably be totally fine with two hours.

I am open to anywhere. Not terribly picky honestly. Just seeing if anyone had insight on any of the places on my list.
MWH and MLU seem to be places you get stuck at if you go, so keep that in mind. BFL is slated to eventually lose their radar to FAT, if you like California. If you’re looking to get in and move on to your next facility, ORL and PHF look like the best staffed at the moment (I’ll have to check the latest info to confirm). I like HIO but I’m biased to the Pacific Northwest. That’s all I can think of at the moment. Will add more feedback as I gather it

I am from Moses Lake (MWH) and am very surprised to actually see this on here. I have toured the facility and it definitely older equipment and an interesting airfield configuration. The city itself does not have many things to offer entertainment wise but you wouldn't be far from Spokane, Tri-Cities, and Seattle.
Prior to me joining the FAA, I lived in Hermiston, OR and frequently visited Tri-Cities. I worked in Pendleton

I am from Moses Lake (MWH) and am very surprised to actually see this on here. I have toured the facility and it definitely older equipment and an interesting airfield configuration. The city itself does not have many things to offer entertainment wise but you wouldn't be far from Spokane, Tri-Cities, and Seattle.
I can't believe you're saying there's entertainment in Tricities......

Back
Top Bottom