Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-76330

I've actually never gotten anything but voicemail. I did however receive an email from the med rep. I didn't just ask the status. I asked what the hold up was and if there was anything I can do to expedite it from my end. She always gives me a canned response of, "Unfortunately, we cannot give a timeframe for the determination of medical clearances, as each case is different. Your patience is appreciated." Which doesn't even acknowledge the fact that I'm asking if there is anything that's making it be held up.
Same email response from my Med rep as well. Im also Great Lakes region. On the website someone linked, it shows ONE flight doc for 7 states that's insane. I'm not sure if you saw that link but have you tried contacting the regional flight doc directly? I think im going to try that in two weeks if i still dont have anyting

Same email response from my Med rep as well. Im also Great Lakes region. On the website someone linked, it shows ONE flight doc for 7 states that's insane. I'm not sure if you saw that link but have you tried contacting the regional flight doc directly? I think im going to try that in two weeks if i still dont have anyting
The Great Lakes Region is actually 8 states. And I believe someone in another thread was told there are only two flight surgeons working on new hire physicals so be prepared to wait.

I called yesterday. Flight surgeon office told me that they haven't received any of my medical stuff from the hiring team in order to provide medical

I called yesterday. Flight surgeon office told me that they haven't received any of my medical stuff from the hiring team in order to provide medical
Well that's interesting. But you've been told you're pending review?? I emailed them today so we will see what happens.

Well that's interesting. But you've been told you're pending review?? I emailed them today so we will see what happens.
Yes. By the virtual hiring team.

The regional won't have access until the VHT clears us and sends the file over. That's what regional just told me.

I've actually never gotten anything but voicemail. I did however receive an email from the med rep. I didn't just ask the status. I asked what the hold up was and if there was anything I can do to expedite it from my end. She always gives me a canned response of, "Unfortunately, we cannot give a timeframe for the determination of medical clearances, as each case is different. Your patience is appreciated." Which doesn't even acknowledge the fact that I'm asking if there is anything that's making it be held up.
Yeah that's what everyone gets. Really not much of a point to call, unless you get lucky and they "just so happen to have your case folder 'right in front of them'" lol it's quite annoying this process, yet here we all are waiting.

Yeah that's what everyone gets. Really not much of a point to call, unless you get lucky and they "just so happen to have your case folder 'right in front of them'" lol it's quite annoying this process, yet here we all are waiting.
Certainly can be frustrating at times. Guess it could be worse. I could be unemployed. How long have the rest of you that have been lingering been waiting, if you care to share?

For me:

- June24: Flagged for additional medical information.
- July 6: Turned everything in.
-July 13: Med team acknowledged receipt of extra request documents.

Since then: canned emails of, "Pending FS review." And radio silence.

The regional won't have access until the VHT clears us and sends the file over. That's what regional just told me.

Certainly can be frustrating at times. Guess it could be worse. I could be unemployed. How long have the rest of you that have been lingering been waiting, if you care to share?

For me:

Since then canned emails of, "Pending FS review." And radio silence.
August 9: Initial Flight physical

August 12: MMPI

Sept 7: Notified that I cleared the MMPI and pending flight surgeon review.

Have emailed every few weeks since, with no change to my status.

For me:

Since then: canned emails of, "Pending FS review." And radio silence.
5/11: Received CIL
5/17: Turned in prints and medical worksheet
5/17: Asked for additional medical information. Turned in additional information
6/1: MMPI
6/3: Flight Physical
6/9: Urinalysis
6/23: Urinalysis recollect (first specimen too diluted)
7/8: Security clearance interview

8/16: First time reaching out. "pending flight surgeon review"
Periodic emails and calls asking how to move things along; no avail.
Unemployment does indeed suck.

5/11: Received CIL
5/17: Turned in prints and medical worksheet
5/17: Asked for additional medical information. Turned in additional information
6/1: MMPI
6/3: Flight Physical
6/9: Urinalysis
6/23: Urinalysis recollect (first specimen too diluted)
7/8: Security clearance interview

8/16: First time reaching out. "pending flight surgeon review"
Periodic emails and calls asking how to move things along; no avail.
Unemployment does indeed suck.
You prior radar only? Plenty of FCTs needing bodies.

You prior radar only? Plenty of FCTs needing bodies.
Prior radar only. I’ve applied to several towers and DOD slots for the heck of it. No bites.
In the process of exploring a change of career field. Code for just applying to random jobs to keep the bills paid.

Prior radar only. I’ve applied to several towers and DOD slots for the heck of it. No bites.
In the process of exploring a change of career field. Code for just applying to random jobs to keep the bills paid.
Look into an RPO job. Seems like there's a big need for them. Keeps you somewhat in the operation at least.

Looks like the next round of lists is out. I really was hoping to move back north east but very few options. Are there any hidden gems on this list I may have written off?

Attachments

• B06B7D77-C7A0-4ED8-893A-C1F52344B664.jpeg
    B06B7D77-C7A0-4ED8-893A-C1F52344B664.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 243
Looks like the next round of lists is out. I really was hoping to move back north east but very few options. Are there any hidden gems on this list I may have written off?
I’ve heard from people that work in Texas that Addison is a hard to get tower and is a feeder for dfw. Lots of people from lower level towers in tx are trying to get there. Might be worth it to ask around. I’m not a controller from tx though, this is just what I hear.

I think the idea of feeder facilities is definitely a lot less relevant these days. I do think ADS is probably the best facility on that list though by a good margin. #2 I'm going RVS and if you're looking for a radar ticket, I'd say DSM at #3 is your best option even though it's in Iowa. CPS and DPA would be the best towers outside the top 3 if you don't mind the location but the rest of the list is kinda trash for one reason or another.

I’ve heard from people that work in Texas that Addison is a hard to get tower and is a feeder for dfw. Lots of people from lower level towers in tx are trying to get there. Might be worth it to ask around. I’m not a controller from tx though, this is just what I hear.
Thank you. I have talked to a few buddies that put that higher on the list. I live in Texas and am doing contract work in El Paso. I miss having trees and seasons. From what I can gather you should aim to get in the region that you want to work. Ultimately I’d like to end up in Pittsburg.

I think the idea of feeder facilities is definitely a lot less relevant these days. I do think ADS is probably the best facility on that list though by a good margin. #2 I'm going RVS and if you're looking for a radar ticket, I'd say DSM at #3 is your best option even though it's in Iowa. CPS and DPA would be the best towers outside the top 3 if you don't mind the location but the rest of the list is kinda trash for one reason or another.
Yes I’m really hoping for SYR or DSM. Outside of that I’m going to have to really evaluate whether I can leave my current spot.

Yes I’m really hoping for SYR or DSM. Outside of that I’m going to have to really evaluate whether I can leave my current spot.
SYR doesn't seem bad. Training time seems a little long but they have consistent traffic with a class C and are continuing to expand and get more airlines. The 6 months of winter isn't fun no matter how you slice it but it's a better spot than a lot of the places on that list.

Back
Top Bottom