Facilities not taking NEST employees

BatKirby3

Has anyone ever heard of a facility or facilities that simply don't accept employees from the NEST? I called and spoke with someone at a facility I'm hoping to eventually get to yesterday about their staffing. When I told them I was in the NEST, the individual I was speaking with told me they don't take people from the NEST. I didn't know that was a thing, so I'm curious if it's widely known and I just didn't get the memo. Thanks in advance.

To my knowledge NEST facilities are usually 7s and below. If the facility is above a 7 I don’t think they accept people from the NEST. However, this is also dependent on how many certs you have at your present facility. Additionally, remember the NEST is staffing dependent, i.e if a facility is projected to be over 100% then they won’t be taking anyone from the NEST.

This place is a level 5. I know about the staffing caveat as well and I have a CTO. I was inquiring about their staffing and explained that I was in the NEST. Guy I was talking to then told me they don't take people from the NEST. I can understand if it were a 7 or above, but that's not the case here.

This place is a level 5. I know about the staffing caveat as well and I have a CTO. I was inquiring about their staffing and explained that I was in the NEST. Guy I was talking to then told me they don't take people from the NEST. I can understand if it were a 7 or above, but that's not the case here.
I don’t think they have a choice. Facilities don’t hire their own employees in the faa.

I figured as much. I will also say this person cited some kind of agreement or rule that says they don't take NEST people. But then told me a minute later that it may not exist anymore. I believe I made a mistake in not asking specifically to speak to the ATM or facrep as I had initially intended to do. Something tells me this guy didn't know what he was taking about.

I figured as much. I will also say this person cited some kind of agreement or rule that says they don't take NEST people. But then told me a minute later that it may not exist anymore. I believe I made a mistake in not asking specifically to speak to the ATM or facrep as I had initially intended to do. Something tells me this guy didn't know what he was taking about.
That being said it doesn’t really matter because the nest just places people. ATMs can’t get you or say they don’t want you really.

This is illegal, a violation of the MOU and your rights. The guy you spoke too probably just don’t know what they are talking about. Unless the facility did make a back door deal to avoid NEST placements but I hope that’s not the case.

Every facility can accept NEST regardless of level. In theory if a previous level 11 CPC washes from anywhere, they should be offered every level 11 and lower facility in the country that is not at 100% projected staffing. The NEST board is not supposed to consult with the ATM or anyone there, they should just place them if the qualifications and conditions are right.

If you spoke to a guy at a level five he probably just has a god complex and thinks his facility is too “good” or too “hard” for a NEST person. That thinking is more common at the lows then the high facilities a lot of times.

Was the facility adw? When I was there, I was told we didn’t take nest employees and even academy grads were off the list as well. “Only people from prior experience bids.” I found it odd, but couldn’t find the last time they got a person from the nest, albeit I didn’t search very hard. I think there’s only been one AG in the past 5ish years. It’s definitely a fishy situation imo.

Back
Top Bottom