Facility Downgrades / Upgrades

Yeah I can't imagine they downgrade the whole NAS or almost everyone will rebound one day and they will owe everyone in the agency at least a 6% raise. Bad break with AZO, with the mini-mega TRACON I know everyone was expecting a 8. At least you have the east wall/west wall or whatever it is so if people like radar only you can pretend you are in a center without ever being crazy busy, or if you like tower you can still do a up/down thing. Also that consolidation saved a lot of lives who were stuck in the low level up/downs in NCEPT hell, so even though the single level upgrade is disappointing the project was still for the best, hopefully after COVID we see a lot more.
Or they went from one ncept hell to another ncept hell.....

Maybe that's right but it's better then their last place or they wouldn't have gone right lol? Nobody was forced to move. Plus they got 27K out of it and at least a one level upgrade.
I can’t imagine an updown would be able to keep 100% of staffing to work only the tower. Some people may have been forced? But fair points, I’d love me some 27k.

MIA & CLT are the only two left. It's a slightly different setup at each but you get assigned a "side" when you report. One is Tower mixed with a few scopes and the other is purely TRACON.
PHL might/probably join the 12 up-down club eventually with their inclusion of the EWR area of N90.
And if CLT ever officially closes their crossing 5/23 runway, instead of their almost permanent "closed except for taxi" notam, they'll get downgraded to an 11 (or 10...idk).

PHL might/probably join the 12 up-down club eventually with their inclusion of the EWR area of N90.
And if CLT ever officially closes their crossing 5/23 runway, instead of their almost permanent "closed except for taxi" notam, they'll get downgraded to an 11 (or 10...idk).
I'm not so sure about PHL though. In normal circumstances I'd say absolutely but just checked the tci yesterday and PHL is running level 9 currently. EWR is running level 7 and TEB is running level 6. A80 C90 and N90 all hit level 11 for the first time since the tci was introduced I believe. Texas is booming though, I think DFW tci is at or above where it was precovid

Even with the tracon combined? I thought I looked at CLT tower ops and they would be able to stand alone as a tower with that crossing runway complexity. Pre Covid obviously.

Effective dates on the latest round of upgrades?

edit: disregard, already have them

Last edited:
Who here thinks that CLE will stay an 8 even after knocking 3 levels off CAK and 1 off MFD?
It's going to be very close. I'm guessing that CLE stays an 8 though. The people at CLE already (who aren't level 10 pay), kinda get screwed. They get 8 pay, while working the crappy traffic that the CAK scope brings, and didn't get ANY incentive or pay raise.

It's going to be very close. I'm guessing that CLE stays an 8 though. The people at CLE already (who aren't level 10 pay), kinda get screwed. They get 8 pay, while working the crappy traffic that the CAK scope brings, and didn't get ANY incentive or pay raise.
Is CLE pretty low on the TCI for an 8? Seems wild that other places lost a total of 4 levels and you don’t even get one lol.

Back
Top Bottom