Facility Safety Culture Issues

The cell phone thing is pretty common. Drinking alcohol and smoking weed though!? ATSAP, talk to an RVP, that's crazy and dangerous and will make every one of us look horrible if there's an incident.
Doesn’t make it ok. What a shitty attitude. You get paid enough that you can’t sit there for an hour or two and leave your fcking phone alone wow. and if there’s an incident and the controller was on their phone it looks pretty bad too. My current facility the only cell phone use if at all is on the mid - still not ok and I haven’t personally seen it ever but to say there is zero at all would be pretty naïve.. Old facility a GA landed gear up and the controller was on the phone. No injuries so they didn’t pull phone records. The argument is the pilot fucked up versus the controller should’ve seen it, and at that facility it was a practice to check for a gear down because you could see it and so slow there that you should be doing everything you can.

Doesn’t make it ok. What a shitty attitude. You get paid enough that you can’t sit there for an hour or two and leave your fcking phone alone wow. and if there’s an incident and the controller was on their phone it looks pretty bad too. My current facility the only cell phone use if at all is on the mid - still not ok and I haven’t personally seen it ever but to say there is zero at all would be pretty naïve.. Old facility a GA landed gear up and the controller was on the phone. No injuries so they didn’t pull phone records. The argument is the pilot fucked up versus the controller should’ve seen it, and at that facility it was a practice to check for a gear down because you could see it and so slow there that you should be doing everything you can.

Original post said things that wouldn't happen anywhere else. I didn't say that cell phone use promotes safety.

Back
Top Bottom