Facility Selection after passing Academy.

FAQ

the FAQ my dude

Right. Sorry I should've been more clear. I did read that but when y'all say things like these:

" Unless you plan on transferring to a low to mid level facility and staying there forever, in which case a 10 would put you at the max soon anyway, "

" I went to a 12 first and then to a 10 after 11 years "

Was wondering if y'all just know this because you're somwhat experienced in it? Or is there something I could read to understand that part a bit better. If it's something I'll just pick up, then go ahead and ignore this though, got a long way to go before I have to worry about this, if at all. Thanks either way!

Right. Sorry I should've been more clear. I did read that but when y'all say things like these:

" Unless you plan on transferring to a low to mid level facility and staying there forever, in which case a 10 would put you at the max soon anyway, "

" I went to a 12 first and then to a 10 after 11 years "

Was wondering if y'all just know this because you're somwhat experienced in it? Or is there something I could read to understand that part a bit better. If it's something I'll just pick up, then go ahead and ignore this though, got a long way to go before I have to worry about this, if at all. Thanks either way!
I have no idea what you're asking but I'll translate the sentence for you-

10/11/12 refers to the level of a facility (and the amount of traffic they get). Higher level=harder facility=higher pay. The pay is bound in ranges, and increases every year- if you go from a 12 to 10, the start/end bound of the 12 is higher than the start/end bound of a 10. If you transfer from a 12->10 your pay carries over with you (assuming you certify and re-train at the facility), which puts you ahead of the curve compared to someone who worked at the 10 facility the same number of years you did, and never left.

Also this won't really matter until you get to academy, and even then in the last few weeks. Don't worry about it right now.

But you should know that enroute pays higher (at the start) than terminal, but in the long run it somewhat evens out.

Last edited:
I have no idea what you're asking but I'll translate the sentence for you-

10/11/12 refers to the level of a facility (and the amount of traffic they get). Higher level=harder facility=higher pay. The pay is bound in ranges, and increases every year- if you go from a 12 to 10, the start/end bound of the 12 is higher than the start/end bound of a 10. If you transfer from a 12->10 your pay carries over with you (assuming you certify and re-train at the facility), which puts you ahead of the curve compared to someone who worked at the 10 facility the same number of years you did, and never left.

Also this won't really matter until you get to academy, and even then in the last few weeks. Don't worry about it right now.

But you should know that enroute pays higher (at the start) than terminal, but in the long run it somewhat evens out.
Well it never evens out cus you can never make the money you were lower at the beginning

I was exaggerating but maybe they will do that, got to make up the money from paying 30% of the workforce to do nothing for 6 months somehow.

they dont have to make up shit. money is meaningless to the federal govt who prints trillions on a whim and is arguing right now about whether the next "stimulus" should be 1 or 3 trillion. Stop pretending the money matters, cuz it doesnt

they dont have to make up shit. money is meaningless to the federal govt who prints trillions on a whim and is arguing right now about whether the next "stimulus" should be 1 or 3 trillion. Stop pretending the money matters, cuz it doesnt
The only thing that’ll change the world balance is a major war. Our economy is backed by a shit ton of air craft carriers and nukes

The only thing that’ll change the world balance is a major war. Our economy is backed by a shit ton of air craft carriers and nukes

or if the dollar stops being used as the world currency. The major threat to that would be China, but i dont see that happening anytime soon. Especially since a global alliance is forming against China/Huawei/South china Sea Militarization/Uyghurs etc

oh yeah and the whole... COVID-19.

or if the dollar stops being used as the world currency. The major threat to that would be China, but i dont see that happening anytime soon. Especially since a global alliance is forming against China/Huawei/South china Sea Militarization/Uyghurs etc

But why does that even matter? If we have resources we can just build shit.

China's currency is faker than ours lol, we're more likely to use Euros if the world economy got that desperate.

Because basic economics (opportunity cost of producing these things) dictates that if we can trade for these items we can spend our time doing more productive things.

It's why factory jobs in America are dead compared to decades ago, we have regulations and other costs of business that make producing items here expensive compared to just paying a laborer in a third world country to work 12 hours a day for a few bucks a month and not caring if they breathe in carcinogenic materials 24/7. We'd have workers unions, state governments, environmental agencies shut down a factory like that within a day here. Most of America is a service- based economy rather than production-based like less developed countries.

Last edited:
Because we don't have any plant or equipment to just build shit. Manufacturing is dead in this country. Labor costs and complying with all the bullshit rules and regs set forth by our incredible smart and noble political leaders have put the U.S. at an enormous competitive disadvantage. We exchange monopoly USD for real goods with the rest of the world, hence the $70B/ month trade deficits. When, not if, the dollar loses its reserve currency status, you will see the cost of all the economic damage that has been done to this country for so long. Yes we can "print" infinite money out of thin air, but what good will it be when it doesn't buy anything? When we can only consume what we produce, it's not going to be pretty. Basically what I'm saying is we are so beyond Fucked, we couldn't even catch a bus back to Fucked if we wanted to.

Last edited:
Because we don't have any plant or equipment to just build shit. Manufacturing is dead in this country. Labor costs and complying with all the bullshit rules and regs set forth by our incredible smart and noble political leaders have put the U.S. at an enormous competitive disadvantage. We exchange monopoly USD for real goods with the rest of the world, hence the $70B/ month trade deficits. When, not if, the dollar loses its reserve currency status, you will see the cost of all the economic damage that has been done to this country for so long. Yes we can "print" infinite money out of thin air, but what good will it be when it doesn't buy anything? When we can only consume what we produce, it's not going to be pretty. Basically what I'm saying is we are so beyond Fucked, we couldn't even catch a bus back to Fucked if we wanted to.
We ramped up for ww2. We could do it again

We ramped up for ww2. We could do it again
I'll assume this isn't a joke reply lol

I don't think you understand the difficulty of "ramping up" again. The U.S. economy is likely to suffer more from producing for total war than just maintaining the economic powerhouse status it has now. Add in the draft (that we did in WW2) and our economy is basically going to be fucked if we enter WW3. That's why we have power projection in the form of small military bases in foreign countries and aircraft carriers instead of having a mandatory military draft like most other countries- we're safe enough that we don't need it and it doesn't make economic sense.

American manufacturing as a labor is being killed by automation anyway. Nothing else matters, it was always going to die like that. Even shitty 3rd world sweatshop manufacturing will be killed by automation.

American manufacturing as a labor is being killed by automation anyway. Nothing else matters, it was always going to die like that. Even shitty 3rd world sweatshop manufacturing will be killed by automation.
Doesn't change the fact that nothing is made here. Your clothes, electronics, appliances, furniture, cookware, building materials... you name it, it's all made abroad. Pretty sure the biggest American made exports are Boeings, heavy construction equipment (Caterpillar), and that's about it. The rest is pretty much "services", food, and crude oil which doesn't make up for all the things we import.

Doesn't change the fact that nothing is made here. Your clothes, electronics, appliances, furniture, cookware, building materials... you name it, it's all made abroad. Pretty sure the biggest American made exports are Boeings, heavy construction equipment (Caterpillar), and that's about it. The rest is pretty much "services", food, and crude oil which doesn't make up for all the things we import.
We could make that shit if we had to but we use our manufacturing for better stuff.

Back
Top Bottom