Facility Selection after passing Academy.

We could make that shit if we had to but we use our manufacturing for better stuff.
Like what? If we manufactured things in the United states, goods would cost 2x or 3x as much and no one would buy them. Consumer demand for the best goods at the lowest price is why we import so much. It's way cheaper to produce things overseas and literally ship them halfway across the world than it is to just make them here.

We could make that shit if we had to but we use our manufacturing for better stuff.
You proved your own point... that's why we don't build things that are relatively simple to build. It's called the production possibility frontier. Do you think if it was cheaper to grow bananas in America we wouldn't be doing it?

Just pick up an introductory economics book and it will answer your questions lol

You proved your own point... that's why we don't build things that are relatively simple to build. It's called the production possibility frontier.

Just pick up an introductory economics book and it will answer your questions lol
Well if China cut us off we’d have to build it. Or sent it to Mexico or some shit

Well if China cut us off we’d have to build it. Or sent it to Mexico or some shit
You realize there are like close to 200 countries that exist? We'd just outsource the work to a different country that has favorable trade policies with America (India, South East Asia, etc). Just pick up a MacroEcon textbook lol. What is the point you're trying to prove? It seems like you answered your own argument

You realize there are like close to 200 countries that exist? We'd just outsource the work to a different country that has favorable trade policies with America (India, South East Asia, etc). Just pick up a MacroEcon textbook lol. What is the point you're trying to prove? It seems like you answered your own argument
I’m just saying our debt doesn’t matter because we have everything we need resource wise

I’m just saying our debt doesn’t matter because we have everything we need resource wise

Our debt does matter because the vast majority of world business is done in U.S. dollars. Defaulting on our debt means that most of the world's money is done in monopoly money. If you truly believe debt doesn't matter then you might as well just buy gold bars and bullets right now to prepare for economic collapse and store value outside of the U.S. dollar. Some debt is good because you can leverage economic expansion. Debt you can't pay off is bad.

We do have everything we need resource wise (I assume to survive as a country) , but this is the same thing as closing all our borders to trade- just a stupid economic decision that would fuck over billions of people outside the U.S. It's like saying the U.S. would survive a nuclear war between us and China- sure we'd have some survivors, but at that point there'd be such economic chaos it wouldn't be the same life we lived before.

You're taking the view that the U.S. would be able to default on it's debt and just say "fuck you, our debt to you is worthless" to the entire world and move on like nothing happened. That's not going to fly in the global economy, especially when the U.S. IS capable of paying it's debts. We're not Zimbabwe. There are more factors than just the U.S. and it's resources here.

Source: A master's in Economics

Last edited:
Our debt does matter because the vast majority of world business is done in U.S. dollars. Defaulting on our debt means that most of the world's money is done in monopoly money. If you truly believe debt doesn't matter then you might as well just buy gold bars and bullets right now to prepare for economic collapse and store value outside of the U.S. dollar. Some debt is good because you can leverage economic expansion. Debt you can't pay off is bad.

We do have everything we need resource wise (I assume to survive as a country) , but this is the same thing as closing all our borders to trade- just a stupid economic decision that would fuck over billions of people outside the U.S. It's like saying the U.S. would survive a nuclear war between us and China- sure we'd have some survivors, but at that point there'd be such economic chaos it wouldn't be the same life we lived before.

You're taking the view that the U.S. would be able to default on it's debt and just say "fuck you, our debt to you is worthless" to the entire world and move on like nothing happened. That's not going to fly in the global economy, especially when the U.S. IS capable of paying it's debts. We're not Zimbabwe. There are more factors than just the U.S. and it's resources here.

Source: A master's in Economics
We are Zimbabwe though. Paying back your debts in worthless currency is the same as defaulting, it's just the dishonest way of doing so. The U.S. is insolvent. We cannot pay our debts. We can only print them away which is steals everyone's purchasing power and cause a run on the the dollar and a loss of the reserve currency status. Unless you believe in the Keynesian nonsense your liberal professors taught you. Then your master in economic's is just as worthless as the paper it's printed on.

We are Zimbabwe though. Paying back your debts in worthless currency is the same as defaulting, it's just the dishonest way of doing so. The U.S. is insolvent. We cannot pay our debts. We can only print them away which is steals everyone's purchasing power and cause a run on the the dollar and a loss of the reserve currency status. Unless you believe in the Keynesian nonsense your liberal professors taught you. Then your master in economic's is just as worthless as the paper it's printed on.

Like I said before, "If you truly believe debt doesn't matter then you might as well just buy gold bars and bullets right now to prepare for economic collapse and store value outside of the U.S. dollar. " Your economic decisions are yours to make.

Are you going to bet that America will face economic collapse? If so, then make the bet- if you're right what they pay you out in will probably be worthless.

And I didn't go to a liberal school lol, far from it.

" We can only print them away which is steals everyone's purchasing power and cause a run on the the dollar and a loss of the reserve currency status. "

The alternative is that other countries print as much bogus currency as they can and buy all our assets from us. (China)

Don't hate the player, hate the game. If your competitors cheat, you have to cheat along with them.

Like I said before, "If you truly believe debt doesn't matter then you might as well just buy gold bars and bullets right now to prepare for economic collapse and store value outside of the U.S. dollar. " Your economic decisions are yours to make.

Are you going to bet that America will face economic collapse? If so, then make the bet- if you're right what they pay you out in will probably be worthless.

And I didn't go to a liberal school lol, far from it.

" We can only print them away which is steals everyone's purchasing power and cause a run on the the dollar and a loss of the reserve currency status. "

The alternative is that other countries print as much bogus currency as they can and buy all our assets from us. (China)

Don't hate the player, hate the game. If your competitors cheat, you have to cheat along with them.
I like how these people thing gold has value. It’s just as irrelevant as paper money. It’s made up.

I like how these people thing gold has value. It’s just as irrelevant as paper money. It’s made up.
Personally I believe it doesn't. There is literally an asteroid made of gold in space that companies are trying to harvest worth trillions. I just believe that it will be used as a store of value (among other things like bullets, food, and water) if the economy collapses.

One word: BRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Jay's got your back!

-1x-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom