FAM Flight Status

You'd be suprised-a few airlines will still let you flash and dash.

HOWEVER, it was determined that you were using your position as an faa employee for personal gain that way. The FAA, not airlines, said no.

I'd just start the process until you get a no in writing and see if you can slip through the cracks
Oh it’s 100% ripe for abuse, I just wouldn’t want to be the one who got caught and possibly ruin it for everyone or get fired

Our facility has a gym but no shower. What is the point? Workout during the shift and be sweaty, no. Workout after work and be gross all for my ride home, no. Pointless
The people working aren't the ones at work for the last year I bet

HOWEVER, it was determined that you were using your position as an faa employee for personal gain that way. The FAA, not airlines, said no.

I'd just start the process until you get a no in writing and see if you can slip through the cracks
Back in 15’ I had an old TWA Captain (AAL) offer me a jump seat out of STL to BOS… Had to decline unfortunately for the exact reason you stated. Wish we still had the old “flash and dash” though… ?

faa inspectors can no problem

Yah but they can do it when they aren’t inspecting. Kinda sounds like a benefit
That’s true. Fed shows up at the gate, says-oh, I’m doing an inspection. Bumps a pilot off the jump seat that’s commuting to work. Meanwhile fed’s really going to ANC salmon fishing.

That’s true. Fed shows up at the gate, says-oh, I’m doing an inspection. Bumps a pilot off the jump seat that’s commuting to work. Meanwhile fed’s really going to ANC salmon fishing.
There was a huge investigation a few years back on one guy that was doing this, he lost his job if I remember correctly. I don’t have a source for this but it was all over the FAA Intranet

There was a huge investigation a few years back on one guy that was doing this, he lost his job if I remember correctly. I don’t have a source for this but it was all over the FAA Intranet
Good. Plus feds are supposed to, at a minimum, if even legit, reserve it ahead of time. So commuting pilot doesn’t get screwed over, and can find another way to get to work.

Good. Plus feds are supposed to, at a minimum, if even legit, reserve it ahead of time. So commuting pilot doesn’t get screwed over, and can find another way to get to work.
Oh I think it would be fair to be like I can go anywhere (and have the credit card or incapacitated leave ready) but not bump anyone

They’re still doing gating criteria? We should reopen for tours at this point. We are a publicly funded building and the public should get to observe if they want
My facility has high risk people coming to work but can't come near the operation due to gating criteria which is so strange. Based off the county I guess? If they have the vaccine then they can come back to work but until it gets to green I guess they can't. And they're supposed to wear their mask as well... Obviously, unless they want to admit they're vaccinated and come back to work lol.

Good to know. Never flown on them but the Airbus is the most comfortable narrow body jumpseat
Very true, I took a Delta 320 to Glacier park and it was the nicest, most comfortable one I've been on. On jetblue I was on their Embraer and it was ok. Still better than Acey's 145 where your knees are rubbing against the throttles.

Our facility has a gym but no shower. What is the point? Workout during the shift and be sweaty, no. Workout after work and be gross all for my ride home, no. Pointless
Our facility has a shower but no gym.

Very true, I took a Delta 320 to Glacier park and it was the nicest, most comfortable one I've been on. On jetblue I was on their Embraer and it was ok. Still better than Acey's 145 where your knees are rubbing against the throttles.
Plus the Bus has 2 jump seats, kinda nice.

Any official word on FDT being resumed? Has anyone done it recently?
I brought it up to some higher ups that came to our last NATCA meeting and they brushed it off like it was the airlines who "probably wouldn't want us back in the cockpits" and no, FDT is part of COVID being around and we don't want to give up all the sweet things that come with the COVID being around idea just for FDT basically

Back
Top Bottom