FAM Flight Status

Yea the first time I did FDT I was astounded how disorderly and manual it is. You could easily do it like whenever and there is little to no way of anyone knowing. It's not worth the risk to me to do it but I don't see how you'd get caught unless you started bragging about it to coworkers or something

Apparently we can. I won’t say how I know that information
Does anyone know what the actual penalty would be for doing this? I have heard a range from termination, to just having your FDT privilege's revoked for a year. I would love to know not that I would risk it, I have so many credit card points banked for flights now since all my 2020 trips were cancelled. Also I think they will bring this program back, hopefully with less restrictions, if we can go back to regular schedules we should be able to go back to this.

Apparently we can. I won’t say how I know that information
Majority of majors now require pilots to prelist using myidtravel.com. Alaska is last one to still allow walk up jump seat as far as I know. Not sure if controllers can use the myidtravel site or not. But I do know that most ticket agents will send you packing if you just walk up.

Majority of majors now require pilots to prelist using myidtravel.com. Alaska is last one to still allow walk up jump seat as far as I know. Not sure if controllers can use the myidtravel site or not. But I do know that most ticket agents will send you packing if you just walk up.
For pilots, yes. That was created to decrease the work load of the gate agent. Depending on city pairs, there could be 30+ pilots trying to jump seat to/from work. (Most I ever saw working for United was 67 on PIT-ORD).
They can still access CASS from the gate, though. FAA Inspectors, Dispatchers, and apparently us don’t use it. Even if you’re on an approved FAM, the only ones we prelist for right now are cargo and AAL.

Back
Top Bottom