FLM Waiver Time Frame Questions

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to find out if you waiver is approved/denied? I got selected for a FLM job at my dream location, but I can't leave because my facility is 1% below the required numbers. The manager at the facility I bid told me he submitted a waiver so I am trying to figure out when I will hear something. Also, for those of you that have had waivers approved what was the time frame of your release dates?

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to find out if you waiver is approved/denied? I got selected for a FLM job at my dream location, but I can't leave because my facility is 1% below the required numbers. The manager at the facility I bid told me he submitted a waiver so I am trying to figure out when I will hear something. Also, for those of you that have had waivers approved what was the time frame of your release dates?

I'd suspect 2-3 weeks you'll hear something.
As far as a release date, it could be within a month of waiver approval if you really wanted it and pushed the issue. 3-6 months is possible too, depending on what the ATMs work out.
If your current facility has people with release dates, let your manager know you're okay being released after they leave. Don't skip the line, it just looks bad.

Yeah, okay. Get off your high-horse.

Play nice.

One guy I work with got a deviation and the receiving ATM was given the go ahead to take him at any time he wanted.

Please tell me you were a FPL somewhere for at least 5 years, preferably 10+, ideally doing at least 20 on the boards first....

I don't give a shit if people want to go into management, as to each their own, but the amount of inexperienced people who jump into FLM slots is amazing.

Please tell me you were a FPL somewhere for at least 5 years, preferably 10+, ideally doing at least 20 on the boards first....

I don't give a shit if people want to go into management, as to each their own, but the amount of inexperienced people who jump into FLM slots is amazing.

21 years (all as a controller) at numerous facilities. I cant transfer as a controller due the MOU my future former union negotiated so bidding the supe job was my only option.

I agree with this and believe FLM jobs are ideal for the senior controller whose skills may be waning, but still have a full career of knowledge to offer. It amazes me how many people check out by the skin of their teeth after an extension or TRB and become an FLM shortly after...

Can't get picked up as a controller at your desired level 12 after 2 years in the agency? Just bid as a supe and you'll get picked up!

Glad to head that this isn't that sort of case. We need supes with experience and deviations from the MOU should be offered for these types of controllers. Not the scammers....

Can't get picked up as a controller at your desired level 12 after 2 years in the agency? Just bid as a supe and you'll get picked up!

Glad to head that this isn't that sort of case. We need supes with experience and deviations from the MOU should be offered for these types of controllers. Not the scammers....

I am actually trying to get from a 12 to a 6 even with the HUGE paycut!

I am actually trying to get from a 12 to a 6 even with the HUGE paycut!

I had a few denied going from a 9 to a 5, maybe even a 4.
You won't be losing money. You'll save pay for 3 years under career enhancement. At the end of three years, you'll drop to the top of the payband. If you drop 3 or fewer levels you keep the pay under career progression.

I had a few denied going from a 9 to a 5, maybe even a 4.
You won't be losing money. You'll save pay for 3 years under career enhancement. At the end of three years, you'll drop to the top of the payband. If you drop 3 or fewer levels you keep the pay under career progression.

What's the reference for 3 years? I've found it in the CFR that says two, but never have found three.

See what the Agency got away with here? It's a form of recruiting. Nobody wanted to go FLM until they felt desperate and trapped. Our union really messed this up. And still we wait for them to change the language of this MOU. Right now at my facility our ATM could release at least 2 and run us just fine. We're stepping on each other's toes but just below the National Average.

Back
Top Bottom