FRC Question

Homsar

Forum Sage
Strip prints out, amendment 1, FRC in the remarks. This is the first iteration of the strip, the A/C has not had their clearance given yet.

Obviously you issue the full route of fixes to destination, but when it comes time for the altitude, is saying "climb via the SID" enough, or does the FRC mandate that you have to give them their final altitude as well?

Had this come up with a Supe and a CPC-IT the other day, looking for other opinions. I don't see where the final altitude is required to be read reading the .65, the Supe was on the other side, saying "you don't know what the center changed on the strip, so the final should be read." My argument against that is that route/altitude can't be changed in the same Amendment on the FDIO (to my knowledge), so if that were the case, it would have printed out as Amendment 2.

Ambiguous element means the computer can’t ascertain where to merge the old and new routing. That’s why you use the up/down arrows to append (cut out) the old route.
I remember now....my issue was a round-robin flight that started in my airspace, used a couple fixes and airways to get to an airport just outside my airspace, and then return for multiple approaches in my airspace with the same fixes filed to come back. Was a real bugger to change it into a one-way flight plan so we could get it handed off correctly.

I remember now....my issue was a round-robin flight that started in my airspace, used a couple fixes and airways to get to an airport just outside my airspace, and then return for multiple approaches in my airspace with the same fixes filed to come back. Was a real bugger to change it into a one-way flight plan so we could get it handed off correctly.
That's when you just remove the whole flight plan and tell them sorry you'll have to re-file it properly.

I don’t know what cdsa is, but imo ifr separation services wouldn’t take effect until the a/c is “released” on the ifr flight plan by the overlying tracon/center. And the tower controller should keep the a/c advised as to when it’s ok to depart on said flight plan.

Not a chance haha
Pretty sure we ended up just typing in a new flight plan, and then played around with a copy of the original trying to figure out how to make it work.

There's a proper way to do it using # 1, 2, 3 etc that doesn't require amendments that I made work during my clearance cert during the AF but I'll be damned if I ever got it to work again.

Back
Top Bottom