Government Shutdown

We haven't received our payment check for the last week of December. So even if the IRS is processing returns, we can't file ours, we won't have our total yearly income, and the W2 itself likely won't even be released to us.

Senate can override his veto if they wanted to. I blame the Senate more than Trump at this point for not even trying to pass a bill.

@ColdAilment the last paycheck of December is the first pay period of 2019, you've received all your yearly income for 2018.

Is this right this time though? We had 27 instead of 26 pay periods this time. PP27 was entered early. A lot of peoole are missing pay from PP27, which was the check we got on the 31st. When that’s back paid would it count as 2019 income or 2018?

Is this right this time though? We had 27 instead of 26 pay periods this time. PP27 was entered early. A lot of peoole are missing pay from PP27, which was the check we got on the 31st. When that’s back paid would it count as 2019 income or 2018?

The amount on your W2 (s) is your income for 2018. I believe that only pay received in 2018 counts... so backpay, paid after the new year, will be counted towards 2019 income.

The amount on your W2 (s) is your income for 2018. I believe that only pay received in 2018 counts... so backpay, paid after the new year, will be counted towards 2019 income.

Never mind, I misread what you said originally and was thinking you said our last check was PP1

What happens with the ncept now that the government shutdown has happened? Is the 11th still the final date to submit? Not sure if anyone has asked this question yet.

I would still get it faxed in before the 11th, just in case, at least there is a timestamp to prove it was submitted within the timeframe.

The TSA is drawing attention, but is this even legal?

“Due to excessive unscheduled absences recently experienced at PSP (Palm Springs International airport) that has adversely impacted security operations, if you have an unscheduled absence, you will NOT be placed in an intermittent furlough status," Elam added. "Your unauthorized unscheduled absence will be coded by payroll as absent without leave (AWOL). At the conclusion of the government shutdown, an employee's AWOL status may result in progressive disciplinary action."

Calling in sick being coded as AWOL?

"They have to maintain their medical to keep their jobs, so they can’t call out sick too many days in a row."

What does calling in sick have to do with maintaining a medical?
I think it’s trying to reference more than 3 days requiring a valid medical reason, meaning a DQ. Just really poorly worded.

Back
Top Bottom