Government Shutdown

Anyone on here inquired about the loan service from sky one? I was told it was 60 days interest free but they will only loan you up to what you’re owed in missed pay— just the last pay period.
None of that is accurate. Go to the source... that’s how bad information gets spread.
I’m having PTSD with some of my trainees asking me stuff that’s right in the 7110.65 but they never looked it up....and yet again leading a horse to water.
Here’s everything you need. Just FYI, I got a loan for this shutdown.

Crisis Co-pilot Relief Program - SkyOne Federal Credit Union

Are controllers going to be paid for their work? Yes or no
Trolllllll

Anyone on here inquired about the loan service from sky one? I was told it was 60 days interest free but they will only loan you up to what you’re owed in missed pay— just the last pay period.
I’m not sure what the limits are. I was told the limits were 5k. And it’s not 60 days interest free it’s 90. I took a loan out and was in the account within minutes after getting approved. The first payment isn’t due for 90 days but you can select 12 or 24 month repayment option. I think it’s somewhere around 9% once the interest free period is over

If you have a mortgage make sure you call your mortgage company. I have Freedom Mortgage and they deferred payment til April 1 and said if the shutdown continues just call and they’ll extend. I only asked for 1 monk deferral but they bumped it on their own.

Same with your car. Honda and GMC both deferred payment for this month for me. Nothing negative will show up on credit report, no extra interest, no penalties.

Trying to get in touch with Verizon but sat on hold for 20 min and hung up.

My power company is also offering deferments for Fed employees. Haven’t called my cable/internet company yet.

But with a few phone calls you can probably defer almost all your bills for the duration of the shutdown til we get paid.

If you have a mortgage make sure you call your mortgage company. I have Freedom Mortgage and they deferred payment til April 1 and said if the shutdown continues just call and they’ll extend. I only asked for 1 monk deferral but they bumped it on their own.

Same with your car. Honda and GMC both deferred payment for this month for me. Nothing negative will show up on credit report, no extra interest, no penalties.

My power company is also offering deferments for Fed employees. Haven’t called my cable/internet company yet.

But with a few phone calls you can probably defer almost all your bills for the duration of the shutdown til we get paid.
My electric bill told me to let the payment go past due, I’ll get a shutoff notice and THEN they’ll work with me...

So, how much longer do you guys think this will go on until there is a mass exodus of federal employees? Mainly TSA related I’m sure, but eventually it’ll reach a tipping point, right?

As a side note, tons of respect to all guys/girls for dealing with this and still doing your job. Hopefully one day I’ll be able to join you all, but wanted you to know you’re appreciated and respected by at least one person

So, how much longer do you guys think this will go on until there is a mass exodus of federal employees? Mainly TSA related I’m sure, but eventually it’ll reach a tipping point, right?

As a side note, tons of respect to all guys/girls for dealing with this and still doing your job. Hopefully one day I’ll be able to join you all, but wanted you to know you’re appreciated and respected by at least one person

TL;DR it varies by person and complete speculation below

Simply put-controllers will be fine for a little bit-interest free loans etc, and banks love us because generally we pay all our money in interest and have 5 dollars left every pay period.

The trainees will be hurting hard, a bunch have invested money (school, moving to oklahoma, then moving again) and are either reporting (and not able to go bus tables/grocery store somewhere) or just staying home.

Other branches of government/jobs-If you can get a 401k rollover the private sector will have similar benefits (albeit pto around the govenment is hard to beat) but if i'm answering phone lines, quickbooking some paystubs, inventory, i.t. support-there will be a point where the security of a government job goes away-especially since you can always re apply. Transitioning to state government is another opportunity-get your furlough pay, seniority, old paychecks, and just go somewhere.

I have my mortgage through navy federal and they offered me up to a 3 month excusal (pay later on May 1) or a 1 month deferral (move payment to end of the loan).

Good to know, I have freedom mortgage too! I called citi yesterday asking for interest deferment on my card since I pay it off every month and the site said they have relief for federal employees. I ended up getting a MAGA speech and for me to calm down because we'll all be back to work soon and get back paid and then some, dude must know something we don't, he also ignored me telling him i've been at work this whole time. TLDR, made no difference period and told me to call back.

I tried calling my mortgage company and I explained to them they are going to get paid eventually. It didn't go over that well. I don't give a fuck if I'm "going" to get paid eventually because that does absolutely nothing right now for my bills and family. It's unbelievable that you think working for a bunch of IOUs is acceptable.

Maybe you should try and do what dankvectorz is doing? ???

Back
Top Bottom