Government Shutdown

I'm pretty sure we can make bank sequencing an on ramp in some of the bigger cities, so that whole ATC on the side of the road doesnt sound shabby.

"Prius2RE caution wake turb, 6 miles in trail of a heavy mack truck"

Alright I'll bite. The first thing I'll say is that it's not so simple of a decision as paying us on time being the most basic of benefits. For us yes that is the basic line of what we want. For them it's way more of a complex situation. They answer to a large base of constituents and donors and a large party. Opening the government to them has more nuances as they have the job of trying to please everyone.

I think the shutdown is stupid, but it's not as simple as something specifically about paying air traffic controllers came across their desk and they all said no fuck those guys. By the same token, our piddly bribe money or whatever you want to call it in your next post is not really that small across the board. It's a pretty large amount of money that each party ends up receiving if they help us. If you want to make a difference, it's easier to do in a group. You're at least able to agree on that, I'm sure. You might think none of it makes a difference but if you think the consistent activism plays no part in all of the air time controllers have been getting on the news then you're being foolish. When bills come around that they can either influence language for or against us, this helps them lean in our favor.

You can make all the attacks against contributors or the system if you want, but this is helping you. It's like when people leave the union but get to enjoy the benefits of the contract. Others are shouldering the burden on your behalf.

We (you) paid 141k collectively to senate Republicans in 2018 alone. These same senate Republicans are currently refusing to even hear a bill that would reopen the government sans wall funding (how omnibus spending bills are bad and this shouldn't be an issue, along with why they arent forcing a veto and then voting to override as a political ploy is a separate civics lesson). I don't think that's helping our collective interests, nor that of the other 780 something thousand gov employees currently going without pay, who I can reasonably assume are also giving them money via union pacs. Bills have passed their desks during the shutdown, they aren't being voted on. They aren't even being debated. They are just being tossed aside.

I agree it's a complex issue that involves more than just atc pay-we elect legislators due to their alleged abilities to solve said complex issues though. And no, you can't make everyone happy but I'd like to think that paying people instead of forcing them into indentured servitude over something wholly unrelated to their job wouldn't be so complex. Its as simple as passing a budget clean of any wall funding and debating that as a separate issue. If they can't do that why the hell would I want to give them money? If they truly aren't representing my best interests as a federal employee and union member (I see a lot of names on the PAC donation list I recognize as anti labor) why give them money, or even bother trying to buy the face time so they can smile and nod and vote against us every chance they get?

On top of all that, just as a personal stance I think money in politics is a huge problem, yes I consider most non-individual political donations as bribes-even those that benefit me- and think it has no place in a real democracy as our leaders should be doing what's in the countries' and their constituents' best interests based on merit and morality and not on who can afford to buy face time or fund some campaign ads for a run that's 2 years away. It just shows a lack of integrity on behalf of our leaders if doing the right thing, or hell even the bare minimum their job entails requires a monetary donation to their political coffers something is seriously fucked up there and I will not contribute to what I see as a problem.

I'm not attacking anyone, if you want to throw your money away that's your prerogative.

Burn those NATCA sacred cows ??? then drop the mic!

(P.S. then watch for nasty emails from the NEB in 3...2....1...)

View attachment 2102
Let them email me. Please. As a dues paying, pro labor, true blue union guy I have no problem letting them know how I feel. I have a right to say what I think, and I'm gonna do so.

I mean what are they gonna do? Tell the FAA to not pay me?

PAC donated 141k to republicans.......drops in the bucket, i hate to fume with the angry troll but he's not wrong-american democracy is freedom of speech, but to get heard you need green-just because you hate the system/don't agree doesn't mean you're wasting money. I hope the PAC is looking to change the wording in the released cfr that employees excepted may choose LEAVE or FURLOUGH instead of a flat getting charged leave during the shutdown.
To put it in perspective here is where mitch's campaign donations come from
Sen. Mitch McConnell - Kentucky
National Air Traffic Controllers Assn Expenditures | OpenSecrets

Last edited:
I guess since the subject came up you can now make PAC changes via NATCA'S website instantly. It will allow you to electronically sign and submit the form. No fax or snail mail needed.

I guess since the subject came up you can now make PAC changes via NATCA'S website instantly. It will allow you to electronically sign and submit the form. No fax or snail mail needed.
Any chance you can post a link or screenshot where it's located

People getting furloughed and then there’s people like me on mandatory OT ?
Sorry to hear that! Yeah, I guess I shouldn't be complaining too much. I'm NOT working and getting backpay. Might pick up driving for Uber or something. I appreciate all those who are essential, and still working through all this.

Sorry to hear that! Yeah, I guess I shouldn't be complaining too much. I'm NOT working and getting backpay. Might pick up driving for Uber or something. I appreciate all those who are essential, and still working through all this.
No need to apologize. This whole situation and politicians is retarded. Shouldn’t be like this at all. Comes to show how much we are truly valued in DC

Back
Top Bottom