Government Shutdown

^ Maybe this will be an art of the deal display. It is true, Trump is offering something that they in essence already have, and that he said he was open to letting them “officially” have it for over a year now. So if the Dems accept the trade he gets his wall (and realistically gives up nothing), if they deny it the Dems looks like the idiots as they turned down a deal to protect many of their illeagles and to put the furloughed people (mostly Dems) back to work with pay.

He should also play clips of all the times Schumer and Pelosi spoke in favor of things like a wall and tightening up illegal immigration too just for good measure.

^ Maybe this will be an art of the deal display. It is true, Trump is offering something that they in essence already have, and that he said he was open to letting them “officially” have it for over a year now. So if the Dems accept the trade he gets his wall (and realistically gives up nothing), if they deny it the Dems looks like the idiots as they turned down a deal to protect many of their illeagles and to put the furloughed people (mostly Dems) back to work with pay.

He should also play clips of all the times Schumer and Pelosi spoke in favor of things like a wall and tightening up illegal immigration too just for good measure.
Well if they do take this deal they effectively bargained him down from 25b to less than 6b so ya if you call that art of the deal okay boss.

Also "illegal", although if I was the symbol of America I'd be pretty sick about the state of the nation too.

The FAA didn’t go out of business or else I would of gotten a new job. We are still doing the job, with no pay. Try doing that in the private sector.

Why does it matter if people have a savings or not, they should still be getting paid for work done.
Then why don't you go work in the private sector? That way you don't have to worry about a pension, healthcare and a whole long list of benefits that the federal gov't gives you that you will be extremely hard pressed to find in the civilian sector.

The reason he didn't sign the DACA legislation last year (for 5 times the wall money) is that the people who pull his strings in the media called Donnie mean names and made Donnie sad. You think they're gonna hold back now? This shit he's peddling now is a non-starter, he knows it and he's PRAYING that McConnell can save him. Next week when TSA screeners start to quit en masse, expect to see some movement then. But if he wants to get out of this on the cheap, then he's in for a rude awakening.

Then why don't you go work in the private sector? That way you don't have to worry about a pension, healthcare and a whole long list of benefits that the federal gov't gives you that you will be extremely hard pressed to find in the civilian sector.
Are one of those many benefits you mentioned in the private sector “compensation”? We certainly are missing out on that very important benefit here in the field we currently work in.

Are one of those many benefits you mentioned in the private sector “compensation”? We certainly are missing out on that very important benefit here in the field we currently work in.
Stop acting like everyone is working without pay. It’s getting really tired.

You’re still babbling on? I have 15 years invested into this. I’m not starting over. By the way my brother in law works for Boeing. He’s got great benefits. My dad has been with the railroad for 25 years. Great retirement and great benefits. It’s out there.

Are controllers going to be paid for their work? Yes or no
Also, that’s a big no there genius. Christ you are dense.

The answer is yes. Of course it’s unfortunate that the paychecks are going to be postponed due to the fact that federal employees are being used as political pawns but unfortunately that’s just the way the system works sometimes. You’ll get backpaid. Yes it sucks and if you hate it so bad and you think it’s better as a civilian then why not take the plunge and go for it? You won’t.

Also, that’s a big no there genius. Christ you are dense.
So controllers won’t be paid for their work? Are you sure about that? No need to throw out names, it just shows your stupidity.

You’re still babbling on? I have 15 years invested into this. I’m not starting over. By the way my brother in law works for Boeing. He’s got great benefits. My dad has been with the railroad for 25 years. Great retirement and great benefits. It’s out there.
Well I’m sure you can carry your skill set to Boeing air traffic control. I hear their employees are really happy working air traffic.

No harassment or abuse of any kind
So controllers won’t be paid for their work? Are you sure about that? No need to throw out names, it just shows your stupidity.
There’s no money appropriated through Congress to pay us. We will get paid eventually. But as of right now we are not getting paid. It’s that simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you tell me when?
No man I can’t. And I’m not saying that it’s not shitty as fuck what’s going on. But it’s going to have to be an accepted fact of reality that this may happen again in the future. And if anybody thinks that they are better off in the private sector or anywhere else for that matter then they should do it.

There’s no money appropriated through Congress to pay us. We will get paid eventually. But as of right now we are not getting paid. It’s that simple.
Oohhh I didn’t know that was happening. Is this new? Has this ever happened before? Oh wait, it has happened before. People got backpaid too.

Last edited by a moderator:
No man I can’t. And I’m not saying that it’s not shitty as fuck what’s going on. But it’s going to have to be an accepted fact of reality that this may happen again in the future. And if anybody thinks that they are better off in the private sector or anywhere else for that matter then they should do it.

I can see your MAGA hat from here. ?

I can see your MAGA hat from here. ?
Actually if you look at it from an objective point of view you’ll see that both sides are fucking idiots. I’m not sure what my political stance has to do with this anyway. It’s pretty irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Stop acting like everyone is working without pay. It’s getting really tired.
Never mentioned “everyone”.

Since this is a forum for ATC, and this particular thread is about the shutdown, putting those two together simplifies it down to us not being paid.

And I do agree it’s becoming tiring. Where else in any other field of work will one not be compensated for work preformed? The answer is: None. We have every right and then some to show discontent at the current situation we are currently facing.

Actually, if you look at the history of Trump, he has had numerous law suits against him for employees and contractors that never received payment of work. Being that Trump still hasn’t recognized he isn’t in private industry anymore and can’t just declare bankruptcy and walk away, and all the crazy shit he has said and done. I wouldn’t count on us getting our pay until it’s in hand. I’m sure in the end we will, but at this point anything seems possible with the way our country is being ran.

Are controllers going to be paid for their work? Yes or no
I tried calling my mortgage company and I explained to them they are going to get paid eventually. It didn't go over that well. I don't give a fuck if I'm "going" to get paid eventually because that does absolutely nothing right now for my bills and family. It's unbelievable that you think working for a bunch of IOUs is acceptable.

I tried calling my mortgage company and I explained to them they are going to get paid eventually. It didn't go over that well. I don't give a fuck if I'm "going" to get paid eventually because that does absolutely nothing right now for my bills and family. It's unbelievable that you think working for a bunch of IOUs is acceptable.
I never said that I thought it was acceptable. Never. I think it’s bullshit just as much as everybody else. But that’s not what you read out of what I said.

I never said that I thought it was acceptable. Never. I think it’s bullshit just as much as everybody else. But that’s not what you read out of what I said.

You really are in the minority and no one seems to appreciate the fact that you are telling everyone we were still essentially getting paid. For the record, we aren't being paid. Backpay is not when we are supposed to be receiving our actual paycheck. I'm glad you think it's bullshit too, I really don't know why you're arguing with people.

Back
Top Bottom