Government Shutdown

I love that they’re trying to lump COVID relief into the spending bill now, but there’s no stimulus checks. The one thing everybody actually fucking wants.
Further proof that the leaders of both parties don't actually care about the people. The "compromise" package of $900B is enough to drop $3k in everyone's lap and I'm pretty sure that would be a hell of a lot more effective for the country and economy.

I can't wait to get trickled down on with all this corporate welfare relief.

Further proof that the leaders of both parties don't actually care about the people. The "compromise" package of $900B is enough to drop $3k in everyone's lap and I'm pretty sure that would be a hell of a lot more effective for the country and economy.

I can't wait to get trickled down on with all this corporate welfare relief.
hawaii 5 0 economics GIF by CBS

Do that shit like Dec 21st or 22nd you bet your ass it would.

In minecraft, that is, I'd never say such a thing should be done in the real world, that would constitute a work action.
Government shutdown, alongside surges of COVID throughout the USA.. Kind of hard to argue “abuse of sick leave”, given the scenario.

But, then again, people abuse sick leave when the FAA is funded. Oxymoron?

Government shutdown, alongside surges of COVID throughout the USA.. Kind of hard to argue “abuse of sick leave”, given the scenario.

But, then again, people abuse sick leave when the FAA is funded. Oxymoron?
Abuse sick leave?? I’m sick 13 days a year, just usually works out that way for my body every year for some reason. Such a random number.

Back to the original topic, it’s such BS that we have to worry about this shit every single year. IMO we need a constitutional amendment that says they’re only allowed to pass one CR for 30 days each year. Additionally, in the event of a shutdown, neither congressmen, Senators, or POTUS get a paycheck and they are ineligible for back pay. Then top it off by prohibiting any of them from leaving Washington until a budget it signed. I bet you’ll see plenty “collaboration” then.

i actually don’t think that’s harsh enough. Allowing a government shutdown to happen should mean all sitting members of the congress and/or senate (whichever one could not come to an agreement) shows that the body is incapable of governing and all those who held office during the shutdown are ineligible for reelection

i actually don’t think that’s harsh enough. Allowing a government shutdown to happen should mean all sitting members of the congress and/or senate (whichever one could not come to an agreement) shows that the body is incapable of governing and all those who held office during the shutdown are ineligible for reelection
Parliamentary governments have new elections all the time when they can’t agree on things

Parliamentary governments have new elections all the time when they can’t agree on things
Unfortunately we’re the Yoonitad Stayts of Amureca and snap elections are impossible because you’d never be able to get 50 states of varying competence to hold elections quickly and effectively like that.

Back
Top Bottom