Government Shutdown

Anyone have any speculation on what's going to happen to those who are on EA/zoom training should the gov shut down? I have A-side at a Z, but that's it. NATCA rep has no clue what will happen.
All non essential stuff is shut down. So classes will stop. No ide a what will happen to EA overall.

Anyone have any speculation on what's going to happen to those who are on EA/zoom training should the gov shut down? I have A-side at a Z, but that's it. NATCA rep has no clue what will happen.
If I had to speculate I would say they will remain at home with their dicks in their hands for the foreseeable future until covid dies down

Same as any other shut down. Those on EA and those non-essential will be sent home for the duration, then be brought back and given full back pay with no leave charged.

What if youre on covid EA when the shutdown happens? Think we’ll still be essential and brought back when quarantine is up?

This post violates site guidelines and has been modified.
Last edited by a moderator:
So here's a question. During a shutdown we're not allowed to be in a paid leave status. Excused Absence/Admin Leave is a form of paid leave. If the government were to shut down, would we have to immediately come off 5/5 or 5/10 schedules and go back to BWS?

“If the employees do win the suit, they would each be entitled to the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour for the time they worked, or about $1,160 if they worked the full shutdown period,”

38 days at 40 hours a week and min wage comes out to less than $1200? Jesus Christ that needs to get raised.

So here's a question. During a shutdown we're not allowed to be in a paid leave status. Excused Absence/Admin Leave is a form of paid leave. If the government were to shut down, would we have to immediately come off 5/5 or 5/10 schedules and go back to BWS?
I think your logic is right. I don’t think we can be “guaranteed” 80 hours if we don’t work 80 hours. Maybe they could do some scamming and assign us work from home instead of admin in the other times.

First they won’t train me because of a literal flu and now they won’t pay me, at least I got a 4 month vacation in Oklahoma

“If the employees do win the suit, they would each be entitled to the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour for the time they worked, or about $1,160 if they worked the full shutdown period,”

38 days at 40 hours a week and min wage comes out to less than $1200? Jesus Christ that needs to get raised.

iT'S JuSt a jOb tO GeT YoU A BeTtEr jOb iT'S NoT MeAnT To bE A LiViNg wAgE SoMeThInG SoMeThInG BoOtStRaPs

Back to the original topic, it’s such BS that we have to worry about this shit every single year. IMO we need a constitutional amendment that says they’re only allowed to pass one CR for 30 days each year. Additionally, in the event of a shutdown, neither congressmen, Senators, or POTUS get a paycheck and they are ineligible for back pay. Then top it off by prohibiting any of them from leaving Washington until a budget it signed. I bet you’ll see plenty “collaboration” then.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom