Government Shutdown

Back to the original topic, it’s such BS that we have to worry about this shit every single year. IMO we need a constitutional amendment that says they’re only allowed to pass one CR for 30 days each year. Additionally, in the event of a shutdown, neither congressmen, Senators, or POTUS get a paycheck and they are ineligible for back pay. Then top it off by prohibiting any of them from leaving Washington until a budget it signed. I bet you’ll see plenty “collaboration” then.
You say that like they really on their government paycheck and not the ExxonMobil ones

You say that like they really on their government paycheck and not the ExxonMobil ones
Lol true, but maybe being locked in Washington and not being able to hit their yachts in Bermuda would get things moving. Not to say they would ever sign off on an amendment like this cause none of them would, but it’d be nice. Literally their only motivation for passing a budget (or 99% of bills) is political. If either side feels they won’t lose elections over a shutdown, they don’t care.

Back to the original topic, it’s such BS that we have to worry about this shit every single year. IMO we need a constitutional amendment that says they’re only allowed to pass one CR for 30 days each year. Additionally, in the event of a shutdown, neither congressmen, Senators, or POTUS get a paycheck and they are ineligible for back pay. Then top it off by prohibiting any of them from leaving Washington until a budget it signed. I bet you’ll see plenty “collaboration” then.
I just don't understand why my paycheck needs to be tied in with a defense spending bill, a border wall spending bill, and whatever else they need to bicker over to pass the entire thing. They vote on packages in the billions to trillions of dollars and if they don't get their way then it's me, who's making $1300 after taxes, that has to bear the brunt of their incompetence. Eventually I'll save up a few paychecks but the fact that they stop paying us because we "don't have funding" is absolutely and utterly ridiculous.

Lol true, but maybe being locked in Washington and not being able to hit their yachts in Bermuda would get things moving. Not to say they would ever sign off on an amendment like this cause none of them would, but it’d be nice. Literally their only motivation for passing a budget (or 99% of bills) is political. If either side feels they won’t lose elections over a shutdown, they don’t care.
Yeah, gotta love the whole what's good for us isn't good for them gig.

People on EA (and anyone taking other forms of leave) during a shutdown will be placed on furlough. Once the shutdown is over everyone gets paid like normal.
View attachment 5654

From the HRPM Policy Bulletin #87.
Considering the agency/NATCA have forced people to be on EA, they better hope there will be backpay included in the eventual spending bill if there is a shutdown.

Anyone have any speculation on what's going to happen to those who are on EA/zoom training should the gov shut down? I have A-side at a Z, but that's it. NATCA rep has no clue what will happen.
Word in the Southern Region is that if you have zero positions, you’ll likely be furloughed until the government reopens.

I’m new to the FAA and literally taking the word of someone else at this juncture, so take that with a “grain of salt”.

Word in the Southern Region is that if you have zero positions, you’ll likely be furloughed until the government reopens.

I’m new to the FAA and literally taking the word of someone else at this juncture, so take that with a “grain of salt”.
and to be clear, this is an administrative furlough, where (almost) every time you'll get backpay. Much different than what I fear-monger around here on my days off...

That happens every single government shutdown lol
indeed.

Sorry I had ptsd to the second time my training was suspended for 6 months
hand pet GIF

It's okay. You're still a good trainee bro

Sorry I had ptsd to the second time my training was suspended for 6 months
As someone whose training was a shit show(albeit a much shorter one) I can attest to the fact that once you certify most of that goes away. Just gotta get to the finish line.

Back
Top Bottom