Government Shutdown

Brother Jim Marinitti was just on #FakeNews CNN. He is extremely articulate and did an amazing job. He is super quick on the draw and full of facts and anecdotes. Very impressed. NATCA should get him out there more!!!

p.s. @ Ana Cabrera ?:p?

JIMz.jpg

Why do you think that?

because Trump said yesterday he is not ready to declare National Emergency. I just think he is willing to let the pressure ramp up and see if the polls/political winds start turning on Chuck & Nancy (who have both been for various Border Security before they're now against it). He is also a "showman" for better or worse, and the SOTU address would be the perfect time with a captive audience to make a major announcement. Just my opinion. obviously if it does go that far that means lots and lots of pain for lots and lots of people.

Brother Jim Marinitti was just on #FakeNews CNN. He is extremely articulate and did an amazing job. He is super quick on the draw and full of facts and anecdotes. Very impressed. NATCA should get him out there more!!!

View attachment 2063

because Trump said yesterday he is not ready to declare National Emergency. I just think he is willing to let the pressure ramp up and see if the polls/political winds start turning on Chuck & Nancy (who have both been for various Border Security before they're now against it). He is also a "showman" for better or worse, and the SOTU address would be the perfect time with a captive audience to make a major announcement. Just my opinion. obviously if it does go that far that means lots and lots of pain for lots and lots of people.
Fake news? :rolleyes:

Anyone's pay statement show FEGLI getting deducted either by the employee or employer? Do FEGLI enrollees have it still?

View attachment 2063

He just made a special prime time address on all networks and it was an absolute dud.

I could write 20 paragraphs on it, but for brevity's sake.... They have voted for the exact same thing Trump wants in the past. Nancy called the wall "immoral", which is bizarre. Take down all walls at our facilities? People generally want/like/expect compromise of their politicians, not a complete stonewalling and lack of negotiation. It is already close in the polls. If you asked this question honestly and sincerely... then I would say take off your partisan glasses and be real. The idea of a wall/fence/barrier/BORDER is not exactly extreme. The only thing different in 2019 is Trump and the 2 year pent up desire for #Resistance. If you arent going to be intellectually honest about it then there is no point in debating it. kind of like the current state of govt!

Dems and Republicans had a compromise deal which included over $2bil for improvements in border security in December and Trump was set to sign it. It was only last minute after watching Fox & Friends that he decided to renege on it and change his demand to $5bil for just a wall, then 5.6bil, and now 5.7bil. The only stonewalling has been Trump. Pelosi and Schumer aren’t the ones walking out of the room when they don’t get what they want right away.

I do agree calling the wall immoral was stupid. It should just be labeled stupid. There’s far more effective and more cheaper options than a wall. Let’s start with going after businesses that hire illegals instead of citizens and go after them hard. Trumps business are the perfect example.

I think it’s not necessarily about the history of what Democrats have done/voted for as it is the democrats are just trying to teach trump a lesson that he’s not in complete control anymore and he can’t just keep changing the bar.

Anyone have the details of backpay? Hearing that non-essential will be coded as furlough and get back pay. Briefed that essential or excepted must work, but if taking SL/AL it will come out of balances for payment vs. furlough w/back pay...

Text of S. 24: Government Employee Fair Treatment Act of 2019 (Passed Congress version) - GovTrack.us

As an aside....

what are the % chance of still getting the 1.9% pay raise when this is all said and done....

you'd think this is the least they could do after toying with 800,000 feds.

As an aside....

what are the % chance of still getting the 1.9% pay raise when this is all said and done....

Slim to none. I think it will be one of the first things to be negotiated away.

As an aside....

Our 1.9 got squashed by McConnell again cuz trump won't sign it and they're scared to embarrass the party cuz the party is all that matters. The debate over the wall has nothing to do with border security. Nobody is against border security. They all had an agreement until Hannity made fun of Trump on television. The cable news personalities run our country and they hate federal employees.
And also the democratic party's messaging platform is a huge embarrassing failure for the 13,000th time in a row, shocker. Who's not surprised that hammering "800,000 federal employees go without pay" doesn't rate with the public when 40% of the country has been hypnotized by the propaganda channel to hate federal employees. The federal government hires tons of veterans, I don't know why they don't just grab the number of veterans effected and ram the talking point "President and Senate deny X00,000 veterans earned paycheck."
This shit would be over in a day.

Last edited:
Guaranteeing back pay before reopening the gov? If the agencies thought sick leave use skyrocketed before, they're about to see something special.
I told my girlfriend the same exact thing lol

Anyone have the details of backpay? Hearing that non-essential will be coded as furlough and get back pay. Briefed that essential or excepted must work, but if taking SL/AL it will come out of balances for payment vs. furlough w/back pay...

Text of S. 24: Government Employee Fair Treatment Act of 2019 (Passed Congress version) - GovTrack.us
Wait what? So you are saying SL/AL during the shutdown if you were excepted will be charged? How is that even possible.

Wait what? So you are saying SL/AL during the shutdown if you were excepted will be charged? How is that even possible.

Passed by Congress, furloughed employees considered non essential get backpay, essential employees get charge accordingly.

Passed by Congress, furloughed employees considered non essential get backpay, essential employees get charge accordingly.
That's a 1st!!! When did that come out!?

How can leave be charged during a shutdown? That has never been possible before

Back
Top Bottom