Government Shutdown

How often do those in the private sector go without pay for the work they’ve performed?
Even worse they could get fired/laid off or the company go out of business. Then they really don't get a paycheck for a long time. Meanwhile its nearly impossible to get fired here and ATC will never go out of business (at least in our lifetime)

Hope i get my money before all my bills are due.
I hope you have more then 1 months bills in a savings account, unless you think life always goes as planned

Never seen such a crowd of crybabies. Miss 1 paycheck and the world is ending. I'd be scared to see some of you in the private sector
The FAA didn’t go out of business or else I would of gotten a new job. We are still doing the job, with no pay. Try doing that in the private sector.

Why does it matter if people have a savings or not, they should still be getting paid for work done.

The FAA didn’t go out of business or else I would of gotten a new job. We are still doing the job, with no pay. Try doing that in the private sector.
In the private sector you'd have no job AND no paycheck. You're woefully misinformed if you think it's that easy to get a new job at the drop of a hat

Never seen such a crowd of crybabies. Miss 1 paycheck and the world is ending. I'd be scared to see some of you in the private sector
What are we supposed to do, sit back, take it, and say nothing? In what situation has that ever accomplished anything? Take a little more pride in your career.

What are we supposed to do, sit back, take it, and say nothing? In what situation has that ever accomplished anything? Take a little more pride in your career.
I have tons of pride in my career, thats why I don't want the reputation tainted by whiners who make us all look like prissy, spoiled brats

I hope you have more then 1 months bills in a savings account, unless you think life always goes as planned
Unless life didn't go as planned right before the shutdown happened... Oh wait, that never happens and timing always works out great!!!:D

The point is in the grand scheme of things we have it really really good if this is our biggest worry
If I'm concerned about missing a mortgage payment that means I'm doing really really well?! Haha ridiculous..

If I'm concerned about missing a mortgage payment that means I'm doing really really well?! Haha ridiculous..
I guess the 50x it has been said previously wasn't enough, but there are multiple options for obtaining interest free loans to cover these tight times if you really put yourself in that bad of a situation. Or do you just want pity instead of solutions?

Is the $500 TSA bonus + 1 days pay, a direct Result of their sick leave? 25 million dollar ransom payment!?

Many think N90 ended the furlough in 1 Sunday in 2013. They then got extra $$$CIP % than the other 315 facilities.

In dollars, this TSA payout is wayyy less than N90 only boondoggle, since it's a presumably 1 time thing! :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting to question the integrity of the union and its members, myself included.

People at PCT complaining about having to drive in dangerous conditions to work with a couple inches of snow on the ground.... do you realize millions of people do that daily? Are we spoiled govt employees?

I am really starting to disagree with the unions stance of "poor me" and "never let a political opportunity go to waste"
Yeah, let me jump in my FWD car and drive at 6 am on back roads that VDOT hasn’t even touched.
I’d be willing to bet those millions of people that do that daily live in an area that is more prepared for snowfall and their roads are maintained in the event of 10 inches overnight.
Being in the middle of a government shutdown has nothing to do with Article 19. I’m not getting stuck on the side of the road to show “pride in my job.”

Back
Top Bottom