Government Shutdown

When you isolate that statement it really makes you think twice lol
The unfortunate truth of the matter is that if McConnell knows he can continue to obstruct whilst not losing enough of that target demographic for the runoff, he absolutely will continue to do so.

If their 401ks stay mostly stable and they can continue to work/telework, do you really think those upper middle class people in the burbs will jump ship from their typical choices? You can try to break down the level of federal employees in the area and those that work for companies directly impacted by government shutdown and stimulus inaction (Delta, Randstad, etc.) and there might be something in those tea leaves; but people tend to only change when the problem is at their doorstep and not down the street and around the corner. If their greatest concerns are procuring toilet paper, missing dinners out, and their kids remote learning instead of things like unemployment, foreclosure, and their portfolio going to hell in a handbasket, I think you will be hard pressed seeing them choosing two D candidates instead of R.

The unfortunate truth of the matter is that if McConnell knows he can continue to obstruct whilst not losing enough of that target demographic for the runoff, he absolutely will continue to do so.

If their 401ks stay mostly stable and they can continue to work/telework, do you really think those upper middle class people in the burbs will jump ship from their typical choices? You can try to break down the level of federal employees in the area and those that work for companies directly impacted by government shutdown and stimulus inaction (Delta, Randstad, etc.) and there might be something in those tea leaves; but people tend to only change when the problem is at their doorstep and not down the street and around the corner. If their greatest concerns are procuring toilet paper, missing dinners out, and their kids remote learning instead of things like unemployment, foreclosure, and their portfolio going to hell in a handbasket, I think you will be hard pressed seeing them choosing two D candidates instead of R.
CDC is in Atlanta. Maybe our boys at the FDA will say they can’t approve any vaccines during the shutdown ?

CDC is in Atlanta. Maybe our boys at the FDA will say they can’t approve any vaccines during the shutdown ?

"I'm working as fast as I can! Safe is first, not orderly or expeditious."

Office Sloth GIF by Disney Zootopia

If military time counts towards the time considered for your employment does it have to be bought back for them to count it? Or is it automatically counted without having been bought back?

is this in regards to retirement? I'm speaking specifically to not being RIF'd
From reading the OPM guidance on RIF it didn't give any mention to having to buy back time for it to count. Seemed to be similar to vet preference as when being hired. I read through both the veteran guide and the general rif guidelines.

Correct. Engaged to wait vs. Waiting to be engaged. There are certainly grey areas between each, but if you are unable to accept outside work during specified hours, and must be in a condition to be recalled, it is being engaged to wait.
Got a grievance Bc of this exact thing

If the government does shut down will we still get paid on the 15th and then subsequent checks will be delayed or will the 15th also be delayed?

If the government does shut down will we still get paid on the 15th and then subsequent checks will be delayed or will the 15th also be delayed?
They run payroll for that check the week before so we’ll be good.

Also mods can we get this thread moved to a regular forum so people see it? Seems like a legit discussion.

They run payroll for that check the week before so we’ll be good.

Also mods can we get this thread moved to a regular forum so people see it? Seems like a legit discussion.
Dude you’re a mod, move it yourself!

To piggyback on that... if the govt does shut down for longer than a paycheck, when they do pass a bill, how quickly do we get paid?

Dude you’re a mod, move it yourself!

To piggyback on that... if the govt does shut down for longer than a paycheck, when they do pass a bill, how quickly do we get paid?
last time was a ClusterFvck. it took a while to get squared away. they gave us straight 80 lump sums, then tried to go back and adjust for shift differentials but it got all screwed up and they had to take money back out from peoples checks.

Back
Top Bottom