Hardship reason

Would helping out grandparents be considered a valid reason to apply for hardship? I have some grandparents that can hardly take care of themselves. I don't want to apply for them to treat me like crap at the facility after it is denied. I know it references parents and family members. I am not doing this to try and get a facility upgrade or anything. just need some advice.

Generally you would have to prove that you are the primary caregiver and that nobody else could do it. So for example if your parents live in that area they could provide help so it would get denied, or if there were reasonable assisted living places available that would deny it too.

I know someone who had a very similar situation, you’ll need letters from the immediate family stating reasons why they’re unable to provide any help or care with your grandparents and you’ll need a letter stating you or your partner are the only ones able to help take care of them, if they have any medical conditions that require monitoring or doctor visits that is also something you could use and getting doctor notes to help back up that claim can make a difference.

The doctors note should also say what role you will have in caring for them. Beardedchicken will be responsible for making sure they take their medications, bring them to all doctor's appts, etc. You want your statement and letter to explain why it has to be you and why it is necessary to be there. You don't need all of this for it to get approved but it makes your hardship stronger.

If its a real hardship and not a scam and you get denied then quit the FAA and go help your family! There is no other option.

If people will donate to GoFundMe accounts of upper middle class Feds during the shutdown (who havent even lost a paycheck yet) then I have faith that they would donate to something real, too.

Back
Top Bottom