Hardship Transfer Information

alphaalpha69

My Father-In-Law is battling cancer, disabled, and considered unemployable. His doctors don't think he has more than a few years left. I'm 6 hours away from home now and my wife travels frequently to help. I make the trip at least once a month to help out around the house. His wife is in poor health as well and not able to provide all of the assistance he needs. I think the situation fits the requirements of Article 99; however, I want to discuss the process with someone before I bring this to my facrep. He's a great guy; however, I don't want my business going around the facility until I know a little more about the process. I'm new to the FAA and haven't CPC'd at my Level 6 up/down (Should be done within the next few months). I don't want anything to affect my training while I get this figured out.

Is there an entity to discuss hardship transfers with that provide confidential advice?

Is there an entity to discuss hardship transfers with that provide confidential advice?
This is as close to that as you’re going to get.

It meets the requirements. Fill out the forms, get a statement from the doctor saying what you just said, and turn the package into your ATM.

By the time it gets through, you may be certified. And you can work out a later release.

This is as close to that as you’re going to get.

It meets the requirements. Fill out the forms, get a statement from the doctor saying what you just said, and turn the package into your ATM.

By the time it gets through, you may be certified. And you can work out a later release.
I’d do what he said above but would also highly recommend trying to certify in the mean time. That way you don’t have to withdraw from training. This will help you moving forward to have multiple facility ratings but will also be better in the event you don’t certify at your next place as you don’t want it to count as one strike already against you. Ultimately you got to do what is right for you but sounds like you may be able to time it in a way to certify and then be released simultaneously or shortly after. These are tough situations, good luck

I’d do what he said above but would also highly recommend trying to certify in the mean time. That way you don’t have to withdraw from training. This will help you moving forward to have multiple facility ratings but will also be better in the event you don’t certify at your next place as you don’t want it to count as one strike already against you. Ultimately you got to do what is right for you but sounds like you may be able to time it in a way to certify and then be released simultaneously or shortly after. These are tough situations, good luck
This is what I meant by work out a later release. RL explained exactly why.

I'm pretty sure OP has only been in the agency 1 month and at his facility. There can be a lot of factors in my opinion. You can go up +3 levels when hardshipping. It may be helpful to share what level facility you are at now and the area where you would be needing to go. It sounds like you have a valid hardship. I would read up on Article 99. Download the ERR package that MJ has put together on this site. I think you will have to fill out mostly everything in there. You will need a good doctors note and supporting evidence .

I'm pretty sure OP has only been in the agency 1 month and at his facility. There can be a lot of factors in my opinion. You can go up +3 levels when hardshipping. It may be helpful to share what level facility you are at now and the area where you would be needing to go. It sounds like you have a valid hardship. I would read up on Article 99. Download the ERR package that MJ has put together on this site. I think you will have to fill out mostly everything in there. You will need a good doctors note and supporting evidence .
In the original post it says level 6 up/down and that the OP is a few months from cpc. My assumption was they have been in a little while as most up/downs take some time to get close to certification just purely in wait time (I.e, tower, rtf, radar training). You are correct in the 3 level constraints.

Definitely sounds like a tough spot. Without a lot of info, it’s hard to know what to say.

If the only facility that is nearby for his needs is up several levels and he’s a new employee, it does add to the risk. More so being a trainee. If the opposite is true, and the nearest facility that would help is a lower level lower volume facility that desperately needs people, it’s a different animal. Even though he is already at a 6 up/down.

However, any further info definitely makes it easier to figure out who said person is. 6 hours driving isn’t terrible in the scheme of things though, to wait it out till cpc if training time is short though.

Good luck to him.

In the original post it says level 6 up/down and that the OP is a few months from cpc. My assumption was they have been in a little while as most up/downs take some time to get close to certification just purely in wait time (I.e, tower, rtf, radar training). You are correct in the 3 level constraints.
I thought he had been in a little bit as well based on his post but his post history shows he just got his list in July. I overlooked where he said 6 up/down.

He should be offered all facilities in the area he is requesting that is not over 100% projected and over 3 levels.

I thought he had been in a little bit as well based on his post but his post history shows he just got his list in July. I overlooked where he said 6 up/down.

He should be offered all facilities in the area he is requesting that is not over 100% projected and over 3 levels.

You're right about time in the agency. With prior military and DOD experience, I CPC'd in a little over 5 months. I decided to tough it out until I certified to have a back up plan for the future. The government shutdown hasn't helped with the entire process that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom